Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have found good prices on Yoshimura and a Jardine and was wondering what other people that have ZZRs thought of them Which has a better sound(listened to the youtube ones and they dont really do justice)

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I had a jardine...very tame in and around town....had a very tight rap to it when you got up to 7500+ with the throttle opened up. I liked it a lot. My wife wouldn't even hear me leave for work in the morning....so if noise is an issue, its an upgrade that won't get you in trouble.

While I've not had a yoshi on any of my zx6r's, I've had a couple of their pipes...generally deeper and throatier....not D&D loud, but more open than a jardine.

The jardine had a good build quality to it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
i saw a zzr with a yosh and i think it sounds like crap compared to my two brothers. just my $.02

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
in person on a ZX6R/ZZR600 I've heard
Yoshi - throaty with a hint of rasp up top
D&D - annoyingly loud/very ricer
Jardine - nice sound, but sounds a little muffled compared to other more open pipes
ART - about the same as Jardine
Two Bros - nice sound, not too raspy...not as loud as others
Akro - actually kinda quiet, but a good sounds
Leo Vince - throaty deep sound-a hair louder than the Yoshi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just installed a Two Brothers M2 in polished aluminum. Looks and sounds great!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine

I bought a jardine for super cheap.. it was a str8 through type with the cloth type stuffing.. i cut the back end of it off..pulled out about half the stuffing and put the cap back on.. I think that was the greatest sound... It def purrs harder than ANY stock one ive heard..

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Waiting for my Yosh RS-3 to show up....I'll post impressions when I get it on, but it sounds good from the clips that I've seen/heard....

·
Registered
164 Posts
i love my Scorpion! not real loud until you whack it wide open and i like the fact that they claim a 6HP increase without rejetting unlike other brands. you WILL feel the difference. you can listen online at their website. i found the best price last year on a ebaystore. HTH

·
Registered
7 Posts
03-04 636 header and exhaust
can be done with any 636 header and any aftermarket exhaust. souds amazing.
had a shortened muzzy befor that. sounds similar.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Waiting for my Yosh RS-3 to show up....I'll post impressions when I get it on, but it sounds good from the clips that I've seen/heard....

Installed the RS-3 today....LOVE IT!
Easy install too....the biggest PITA is fitting the rubber isolator around the clamp....otherwise a 15 minute install.
I actually forgot to fit the low volume baffle before I took it on a test run....nice GP bike burble but LOUD. Then I remembered the baffle and now it's perfect...highly recommend this slip-on!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i saw a zzr with a yosh and i think it sounds like crap compared to my two brothers. just my $.02
That's because the two brothers is more restrictive than the Yoshimura RS-3. Two brothers kind of reminds me of the stock can. I'm running a Yoshimura RS-3 (RACE), K&N air filter, Factory Pro +4 ignition advancer, and 1 shim under each main jet needle on my 2006 ZZR600. The bike pulls very hard. So hard that I can get the front tire off the ground in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. The mid range power band is very smooth yet responsive. The exhaust has very nice pitch when your on the gas and purrs when you cruising do the road in 6th gear.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
a friend at work put a two brothers end can on a 2005 cbr600rr and he said he couldn't tell any difference!
i WOULD buy another Scorpion for my next bike. i have the carbs shimmed and a euro ecu and it wheelies in 1st -3rd gears. i replaced the dunlop d207 with a dunlop qualifier and what an improvement. i wished i realized the front was almost shot because i wanted to go to michelin but i must say i AM satisfied with dunlop.HTH

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Running Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's great grip for all the torque the ZZR has.

·
Registered
86 Posts
'03-'04 full muzzy on my '01 and it is a little louder in the low rpms but not much more than stock however when you get on it around 7K+ it's nice!!

·
Registered
840 Posts
636 Leo Vince headers with 09 6r LeoVince Carbon slip-on.
Sounds BEAUTIFUL. Has optional qiuet insert which I run because I ride out of the neighborhood at 5am and dont want to upset anybody.

get on it and this pipe screams! by far the smoothest sounding pipe I have installed on my zzr yet. and this would be my 6th. and do not want to forget the 15-20 pound weight difference between this and a stock system.

·
Registered
108 Posts
^ The above system looks NICE! I ride same bike as above, but with a Yoshi RS3 in carbon and have the stage 1 dynojet intstalled. The bike sounds very racy up top, but the only downside imo is that it pops and crackles just a bit when down shifting hard. It was much more pronounced before I got my jetkit then it is after. The bike runs smooth, pulls hard, and there's no more mid 6k to 7k "sputter" that it used to have. I'm happy with my exhaust.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts