Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've read over and over about how the Kawi motor "ticks" and that it is normal. However I never heard it in mine (or didn't think I did) until this last weekend. The thing is, I changed my spark plugs and then when I rode it, I noticed the tick. Could I have done something?? She had fresh oil and runs strong and everything seems fine but I thought I'd ask anyway.

·
Powerhungry
37,951 Posts
did u replace with the same plug, and same heat range? if so you are probably OK.
and its the normal cam chain noise.
mine is usually quiet, until a long high speed trip. then its loud for a few hundred miles. til it clicks to the next notch.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by nevada
did u replace with the same plug, and same heat range? if so you are probably OK.
and its the normal cam chain noise.
mine is usually quiet, until a long high speed trip. then its loud for a few hundred miles. til it clicks to the next notch.
Yea, same plug. I guess I should look into the cam tensioner. I guess I was just paranoid cuz when I changed the plugs, the job went too smoothly, no problems at all and anybody who knows me, knows I could screw up changing a light bulb. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Make sure your header nuts are tight...they can back out a little after riding hard. If they back out some..they will expose the ticking sound of the exhaust valves...cylinder# 3 especially if you run aftermarket headers. Since then I replaced the OEM nuts with new 8x1.25 nuts, lock washers and flat washers..maybe even some high-temp loc-tite will do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.