Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Damn, good find Earth. I've never seen or even heard about that road before. It looks fun as hell though. I wonder if they rent sportbikes in the UAE....

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I actually know a lawyer that just moved to dubai and he actually said if i wanted to move out their when i get done law school he could get me a job 100,000+ to start. This makes me think i might have to consider that offer and shipping my bike over.:D

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by caboose
except for all the walls....
Note that the road is 7.3 miles, and takes 8.5 minutes to drive flat out in a Mini (acceleration is very good for what it is, but it grips like mad...meaning it might take a biker 8 minutes if he was flat out)...which means that you're averaging less than 60mph, and he said the straights were all very short. Which tells me that if you DID go down, it'd be at like 30mph unless you just decide to not brake for a corner. I'd rather slide into a wall at an angle at 30-40mph and stay on the road then fly off the side of a mountain 4,000 feet up. I don't think anyone in their right mind would tackle that road wearing anything less than full protectors and full leathers.

One day I'll be wealthy enough to make a driveway like that. Maybe not with such cool views...but still. heh...no, probably not.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Good looking road, and a hell of a spectacular view, but I would tell you that I thought you were crazy if you moved there or even traveled there specifically to ride a motorcycle on that road. I think there are equally spectacular roads in North America.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by FLOJOE

Good point, but as good as the Dragon is, you always need to mix it up with new roads.
It's a big country, you know.. There ARE more good roads than the dragon. Hell, I rode with hokie636 and he showed me new routes today that I had never been on before and I've lived here almost all of my life. I know my way around the area very well, and these were roads I had never ridden. See my point?

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
I wonder if there are any curvy racetracks in the USA which I could ride on that would cost less than going to the UAE to ride one road??

--David

·
Registered
875 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt

One day I'll be wealthy enough to make a driveway like that. Maybe not with such cool views...but still. heh...no, probably not.
At least it'd be fun to leave the house for work in the morning...

But yea, that road does look sick. And for those of us w/ millions of dollars, you could stay here when you go- http://www.burj-al-arab.com/

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by iroman
It's actually been posted before...
cool but not all members are on here 24/7 and know what has or hasn't been posted, na mean?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well if I ever get lost and find myself in the UAE, I'll check it out. Until then I'll keep exploring the thousands of better roads here at home.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Now thats one fun looking road.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by caboose
except for all the walls....

Damn straight, theres not much run off to mess around with... but it looks like an amazing road. I'd rather ride the 900 miles to deals gap than worry about transporting the bike and myself over seas, but it is amazing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.