261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
for the price, not worth it at allllllll

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think $600 is to bad of a price considering it has 47cc more, complete redesign, fuel injection, plus a bunch of other little upgrades. I wish it was cheaper but with a larger engine I knew it wasn't going to be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This Bits

Folks, the annoucement of the 300 is such a bummer. I do Land Speed Racing and have been for several years looking at competing in the 250 cc class. I was hoping that for 2013 Kawasaki would sell the redesigned 250 with a better flowing head and fuel injection here in the states, but instead got a 300 that isn't legal in the 250 class at all. They did the same thing to the older 14 when it had 1352 cc, missed the 1350 class (with the Busas) by 2 cc.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Could you use a 250 crank and cases with a 300 head?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm sure there's a technical reason why you couldn't, but it seems like it would be possible since the extra displacement just comes from increased stroke. If worse came to worse, you could probably just pull a full engine swap if you really wanted to, though you'd miss out on FI without some modification.

For all the 250 racers, is the redesigned 250 going to be sold alongside the 300 in Canada like they're going to do in Australia? You could just grab one from up north if that's the case, though it would certainly cost more.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
There is an abundance of existing 08-12 Ninja 250's out there, so finding a used one to race shouldn't be too much of an issue. From what I was told by the guys that race the 250 cup with OMRRA, they plan on running that class just the way it is for at least another 5 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts

But we are getting to a lot of additional cost that could be spent elsewhere to make additional power. Plus you can't run Production 250 class becaue it came out as a 300.

The older 250s are everywhere but they also have issues with head design and lower end longevity. This type of racing isn't short burst of speed but long distance all out, any weak link will break.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I think racing a Ninja 250 anywhere involves lots of time WOT and high RPM, lol. But, I totally get what you mean.

Wouldn't a CBR250RR or other 4 cylinder 250's or 2 stroke 250's just destroy a Ninja 250 in a production class?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think racing a Ninja 250 anywhere involves lots of time WOT and high RPM, lol. But, I totally get what you mean.

Wouldn't a CBR250RR or other 4 cylinder 250's or 2 stroke 250's just destroy a Ninja 250 in a production class?
The rules state that to be Production at least 500 units must be sold in a given year from a "normal" dealer. I'm not aware of a 4 cyl 250 that sold here in the USA.

Some LSR venues seperate 2 stroke from 4 stroke. You know the ones that don't because the records that stand are from the 70s ....

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
The rules state that to be Production at least 500 units must be sold in a given year from a "normal" dealer. I'm not aware of a 4 cyl 250 that sold here in the USA.

Some LSR venues seperate 2 stroke from 4 stroke. You know the ones that don't because the records that stand are from the 70s ....
Ahh, makes sense. I race with OMRRA, I am not sure how they do that as far as production bikes go. I know a couple months ago there was a guy racing a TZR 250, not sure if it came from Europe or Canada.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts