Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 40 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
They didn't have a 250 to test ride either during their demo day in Pomona. When I asked the coordinator where the 250's were, he just scoffed at the notion. If I had owned a 250 at that time, I would've rolled my eyes at him, because there was a good number of Ninjettes at the parking lot that day sampling faster bikes.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Kawasaki has done a really good job of making their entire lineup uglier.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Frame and motor almost completely covered in plastic. Plastic pig, I tell ya.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I dunno, but Kawasaki was just here in Michigan last weekend, for their "DEMO DAYS" and I was there both days...

Not a single Ninja 250R to demo ride! :confused:

So I automatically figured sumin' was up!
Yeah, when I attended when they were here in May, there was no 250 either. I didn't ask why, but I assumed why...

Anyway, plenty of actual 250 owners showed up to demo bigger bikes that day. So obviously the 250 gets sold. Not allowing people to test ride it is a joke, not the other way around.

About this new 250, as it seems legit (we'll see), that really sucks. I'm not going to get it, just wish I had started on this one instead of my 2010 (though I like my bike). Makes no sense for me to move from it to the 2013 though IMO. Rather go up in power.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Haha now everyone is gonna be upset cause their old ninjas are garbage. There goes my resale value.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm not saying it's better looking. But look at the gauge cluster. FI? If it is then yeah my 08 is gonna be worth a little less come a year or two. Not too mention the old riders don't need to think it looks good. Look at all the newbs who are leaping all over it.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Like the look in general, but that guage cluster is ugly as hell.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I like the gauge cluster. That's the only part I like.

·
Official n00b
17,453 Posts
Damn I think that's a fine bike. Even though it's a 250 I kinda wanna see if it has some shit to it.

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
It looks alright, but there are some styling cues that suck.

And as far as FI goes, I don't see why everyone's so eager to have fuel injection on the EX250? Carburetors are just as good for such a bike, and if you take proper care of the bike by not letting it sit extended periods or trying to dick with your jetting yourself or having someone who doesn't know what they're doing attempt it you won't have any problems.

All fuel injection is going to do on the 250 is increase cost. This is one of the worst things you can do for a beginner motorcycle in the US. So many squids here that would only buy the 250 because it's cheap and they can't afford anything bigger. Price it closer to a 650 and all of a sudden they can stretch to afford that bigger bike. Fewer 250 sales, more inexperienced riders on bikes they shouldn't be riding.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
When a new 250 costs the same as a lightly used gixxer thou', what's a homie to do?

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
Exactly. I bought my 10R for little more than a new 250R costs now. Squidly McFuckface isn't going to make the wise decision. He's gonna want to "keep up" with his friends doing highchairs down I95.

21 - 40 of 272 Posts