Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the new zx6r is not great at all, like the old body but this new engine. The new honda though, wow! not too sure about the headlights but the bike is tight and if its as good as they say, damn. I dont wanna leave team green but kawi although it is an all new bike didnt change the look that much, except for the ugly tear drops ala zx10. And everyone has that similar intake between the lights, team green what is going on!!!?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i happen to think the 07 zx6r is one sexy ass bike. I havent seen pics of the new honda though..

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by dragon008
So the new zx6r is not great at all, like the old body but this new engine. The new honda though, wow! not too sure about the headlights but the bike is tight and if its as good as they say, damn. I dont wanna leave team green but kawi although it is an all new bike didnt change the look that much, except for the ugly tear drops ala zx10. And everyone has that similar intake between the lights, team green what is going on!!!?
I think you need to lay off the crack pipe, homeboy.

First off, the 07 ZX-6R is a COMPLETELY new design, sharing nothing except the name and the general concept with the 06 bike. The whole thing was designed from the ground up with a blank slate, and the looks are COMPLETELY different. The headlights, upper fairing, windscreen, ram air intake, side fairings, lower, tank, swingarm, tail fairing, complete exhaust system, seats, cowl, footpegs, forks, engine, suspension, hell even the BRAKE CALIPERS are completely overhauled, aesthetically. It's a completely different bike (and those brake calipers are damn sexy).

Secondly, I agree with burtonsbs, the 07 6R is a VERY sexy bike.

As for the new Honda, what about the 4" gap between the upper and mid fairing, and the Pillsbury-Cookie-Can exhaust out the rear do you find attractive? I think the new CBR is the ugliest hunk of machinery I've ever seen in my entire life.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Personally once a set of fiberglass comes available i am going to go ahead a mod a set to go onto my 2005, but keep our ram air intake snout...

i was looking at our bikes and seeing how i could shave/condense a solid 1 inch off each side of our bike. making it have a smaller frontal area and thus some more speed...

A guy i deal with did a custom set for a cbr1000RR and it gained 5Mph on top end with just bringing the front corners in some, like the world superbike set-ups...And i love that tail

·
Registered
79 Posts
the honda looks too much like a gixxer from the side, honestly. Plus, I know it's cheaper, but I'm not too big on the whole less fairings thing they have going on.

the 07 kawi honestly looks pretty bleh to me. the side is sexy, but the front and rear just look awful...... and the lack of 636 =
at least the gixxer will still be "old school" in terms of looks.

personally, I'd say wait for the next development cycle in 08/09 for a truly sexy new 600 from them.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Originally posted by SilverLightning
personally, I'd say wait for the next development cycle in 08/09 for a truly sexy new 600 from them.
Not if they take styling cues from their new 1,000. That thing is dog-shit-ugly.

·
Un-Stealth Administrator
8,215 Posts
Yeah, the R7 does look nice...so how did they fuck up so bad on the R6?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.