Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pull up to a light, and some guy pulls up next to me on a new 600RR wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and a helmet. We start complementing each other's bikes and then I shut my helmet and rev the engine. Waiting for the light to turn, he's reving away also. Light turns, and in about 3 seconds he is barely discernable in my mirror. Now, I know that the bikes depend on rider, but wow did that bike get beaten like a wife that doesn't cook and talks back too much. Of course, I slow down since I'm speeding like crazy, and he flies by me about 2 seconds later. Must be a real newbie or the clutch and starts are not nearly up to par as the 636.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I totally agree that the New RR is not that competative with the 636 on starts. I have also noticed that the new RR cant pull wheelies nearly as easy as the 636. I have a 636 and my buddy just bought a RR and i ride wheelies and then i hopped on his and his bike seamed to be heavier and harder to pull up becasue the engine seemed not able to pick up as good as my 636. I had to work a lot harder to get the front wheel up and KEEP it up. This is all in my opinion of riding the RR. JAKE

·
Registered
271 Posts
Originally posted by 03ZX-6RJAKE

I have also noticed that the new RR cant pull wheelies nearly as easy as the 636. I have a 636 and my buddy just bought a RR and i ride wheelies and then i hopped on his and his bike seamed to be heavier and harder to pull up becasue the engine seemed not able to pick up as good as my 636. I had to work a lot harder to get the front wheel up and KEEP it up. This is all in my opinion of riding the RR. JAKE
Read that in Super Bike as well -- it seems that the "mass centralization" principle on which the bike was built, the longer rear swing-arm and the forward weight bias all conspire to making the bike a real bitch to wheelie. I guess it's not the weight -- it's where they placed it. [:eek:)]

·
Registered
298 Posts
"wow did that bike get beaten like a wife that doesn't cook and talks back too much." [B)]

[:0] Wow, that's f'ed up. Funny, but f'ed up. LOL :D

inca jones

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hondas are shit anyway........a 400+ lb 600 class bike in this day and age? UNTHINKABLE! I'm a biased honda-nazi but still! I rode my buddy's 2000 F4 and it is geared 1 down in front, full system jardine, jetted + ignition advance and my 6r pulls up easier! The 6R feels so much more torquey than any other 600 I've ridden. But stoplight-to-stoplight, my 6r is really hard to beat! I've never lost a stoplight - stoplight drag. Hell I even chased down a 954 RR in some light twisties at triple-digit speeds once.......I'm a die-hard kawasaki rider no doubt about it. Now get me on a 9R and it's all over but the cryin'! But that'll have to wait til next season!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hate to be the one to break it to ya, but dry weight of the 600RR is 370 pounds. Still pretty heavy, but definitely not 400+.

Also, the Hondas are known to be the most reliable bikes made (although I have heard some complaints about rings not seating right unless your break-in is rough). Not to mention they are supposed to (and do) pull slightly harder than the 636 at the very very top end of things.

Not saying the 636 is bad (it rules) but the new 600RR's are just about as badass.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Say what you will, you can't deny that the 600RR is the fattest bike in it's class. And who cares if it pulls harder in one small part of the powerband? How do the quarter mile times compare? That being said, I have to agree that honda does tend to make very reliable, rider-friendly bikes. Although when you mention reliability, a little debacle called the "interceptor" comes to mind. That V45 engine was anything but reliable.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the RR has less horse power than the 636 but the lighter weight makes up for that ive herd you just have to be at higher rev's to wheelies, but it more stable. i dont know but i think the 636 may have bigger sproket that may make wheelies easier to pull.

·
Registered
105 Posts
check out motorcylceusa.com... The 600RR weighs 411lbs!!!! the heaviest of the 600's!! the zx6r 636 weighs 379lbs I think, or something like that, I can't remember exactly.. I always thought the Honda would weigh less because it looks like it weighs less, but, thats what it said on that site...

So work the Math. ZX6R weighs less, has more hp, hmmmm..which wins in a straight line? [8D]

·
Registered
537 Posts
Honda is a good bike. I got to ride a demo of 600RR, very composed, good acceleration etc. It may not come up as easily, but weren’t sport bikes made not to do just that?
I love my Ninja, but bashing on 600RR... I would not go that far.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ive raced a 636 for about a half mile and kept right up with him.. That either makes him a bad rider or makes me a good 1[:p] As far as weight goes, in my manual it says 636 and 600 weigh 355lb's dry. They weight the same!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would like to see 1/4mile comparisons, can we find them? I have only raced 1 RR & it was a track bike with race glass, full system etc & I pulled away on a 750m straight, but that is only 1 bike so have to line up a few more to know for sure!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well just a reminder....we are talking about the HONDA 600RR.........NOT THE ZX6RR........

I just had a similar experience......I came across a Honda 600RR with full system exhaust and challenged a freeway run from 0-100......not a close race at all.....the Honda was dust in the wind.......

(The freeway was un-occupied)

·
Registered
257 Posts
man who would have known....i started beatin my wife and know i cook and have to listen all her shit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.