Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's how are we all? Anyway in Feb i crashed my bike doing a track day and i've been slowly putting it back together. Have to pay for it cause insurance won't cover for track day's. Before i started her up recently i changed the oil and filter and checked the coolant for any bad sign's but everything was ok.
Today i finally got the last of the fairing's on and took it for a spin, very satisfying after such a long time without it, but upon my return i notice that the glass is all cloudy.
I hope i haven't done a head gasket or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
its probably condensation within the engine as its been stood for a while, usually when you give it a good run it would evaporate the moisture and be routed to the airbox via a breather pipe. your run was short i take it and although the engine was up to temperature it wasnt long enough to do the above.
Give it good long run it will clear it.
looks a bit like mayonaise sticking to the oil window glass.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Ive seen this happen on my bike and even my old 95 600r ninja would show sometimes depending on weather conditions a slight cloudy sight which like ibknuckles stated could be condensation.

·
Registered
193 Posts
IBknuckles is right... condenstation. When I bought my last bike the window was cloudy but after a couple of long runs it was gone. Ride it long and hard, it will disapear.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks a lot guy's. I rang my kawasaki dealer and he said the same thing. You are all a bunch of top guy's.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.