1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
LOL. 'Muslims Worldwide'. great source. Not saying this doesn't have some truth to it, but judging by the vast amount of typos and how poorly written that article is, I would definitely look to other sources before considering this a 'lesson in history'.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is just one link of many. You have never heard of this before???
Muslims have always been known as the first slave traders on the planet. I remember this from way back in high school. They went south spreading their ideology, convert or die, and enslaved a large portion of Africa. This is common knowledge.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is it with you and Muslims? You hate them because of their faith or????
I hate them because the want us all dead. Convert or die is their ideology, hiding behind religion.

Seriously, who the fuck doesn't know this?

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I have often said Islam/Muslims have very little if any 'culture' that isn't totally made up and decided based on the religion of Islam. By that I mean their 'culture' is so steeped into their religion it literally pans out their entire day, life and outlook. Conversely, look at some of the other religions. There still are some actual 'cultural' aspects that are NOT totally religious based. not the way with Islam. It IS the culture, nothing else.

Example. You'll see a devout catholic athlete or artist, who's proud of their religion. Says they go to church every sunday etc. You won't see a devout muslim who has the koran so engrained in their brains being an athlete, or an artist. they know and do NOTHING else other than Islam and try to convert others. That's not culture, that's radical religious fanaticism.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just an ugly world out there, I guess. Sometimes I wish I knew nothing about world affairs or politics, etc. Just stick my head in the sand like so many others. Just believe any bullshit spoonfed to me with out bothering to do any meaningful research before forming an opinion and running my mouth.

I don't think so.

how else would I know to rub my bullets in bacon grease. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I hate them because the want us all dead. Convert or die is their ideology, hiding behind religion.

Seriously, who the fuck doesn't know this?
Hate to say it, but this also seems to be americas ideology..

Atleast its our cover story? Helping to create a goverment like ours over there, atleast thats what they want us to believe..

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Agreed...We started down a dangerous road after WW2. We became the worlds police force, evolving into the clusterfuck we have today. Still, we haven't seen too many American citizens flying airliners into tall buildings in the middle east and such, have we.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Agreed...We started down a dangerous road after WW2. We became the worlds police force, evolving into the clusterfuck we have today. Still, we haven't seen too many American citizens flying airliners into tall buildings in the middle east and such, have we.
Sad thing is we cant say that for sure, i highly doubt any american has flown a plan into a building in the middle east, but as far as im concerned our country keeps alot of secrets from us, so who knows the kind of things we have done... Shit, some of the things we do know thats happened over there arent always on the up n up.. Not every life lost over there were soldiers..

If that were the reason we were at war over there we wouldnt be there anymore, they say they got osama, we have sadam, so that fight should be over with.. But we are still there, forcing our ideas and beliefs on them.. Fuck that country! Wish they put this much effort in fixing some of the problems we have in this country...

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Governments are one thing. Religious nut cases are far, far more dangerous.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
its crazy true how their religion is their life.

shortly after 9/11 i was so fucking scared when i was in manhattan and the masses of them stop what theyre doing; food stands, stores, cab drivers. completely stop. close down, where ever the fuck they are they go and start praying.

mind you, i had really no knowledge of muslims or much of that shit at that age.

so if youre walking around shortly after such an incident, all of a sudden a guy comes outside his car, is near it, start getting on his knees and praying wtf are you suppose to think???

and their mentality of convert or die displays in their social confrontations. this is really a racists and huge generalization but i've NEVER dealt with more rude people in my life. one summer i worked in an amusement park, during ramadan every muslim in that area must have came to the park. after that day it really showed me their mentality. a lot are EXTREMELY disrepectful to females, and a lot only give a shit if things go their way, anything that goes against what they want/believe turns into a shit storm.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
43,562 Posts
Governments are one thing. Religious nut cases are far, far more dangerous.

Don't know about you but I for one am getting a little tired of hearing how Islam is a "religion of peace" and 99.99% of all Muslims are peace loving people. I'm not saying they are all bad but the good ones sure don't seem too interested in weeding out the bad ones. Of course, they probably like their head as it is.....attached.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
And the Christians did not invade the middle east in the middle ages because of the crusades in the search of the holy grail? and the Jews are not forcing the palestinians out into the sea because their bible says that land is theirs? How about the saint inquisition? where they would burn people just because someone accused them of being witches?how about the dark ages where all the books where being burned?Aztecs and Mayans used to rip the heart out of virgins because of their religion too, all religions when taken to an extreme are dangerous,it is just that the Muslims are just going through their modernization of their religion, right now they are going through their middle ages, maybe in the future their religion would be a bit more civil, right now the extremist are making their religion and their people look bad and are a danger to the world.

Honestly I beleive in god but I hate the Church.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Locknload, I meant more that link in specific was a bad one

I really so enjoy these controversial threads though. Amid all the bullshit, hostility, etc there are some intriguing arguments and interesting information brought up. The other stuff does provide entertainment though. Full serious too.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Im not reading any of the replies because I know its just bickering.

However.. I "dislike" Muslims solely because I have to work where we have quite a few of them and the crap we have to deal with is just agitating as hell. Its just another example of society letting the "minority" do whatever the hell they want while telling the MAJORITY to go fuck themselves. Really? Minority rule? Really?

Meh fuck this planet.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Locknload, I meant more that link in specific was a bad one

I really so enjoy these controversial threads though. Amid all the bullshit, hostility, etc there are some intriguing arguments and interesting information brought up. The other stuff does provide entertainment though. Full serious too.
Understood....I'm just trying to get people to think, to see what's going on in their world today.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
And the Christians did not invade the middle east in the middle ages because of the crusades in the search of the holy grail? and the Jews are not forcing the palestinians out into the sea because their bible says that land is theirs? How about the saint inquisition? where they would burn people just because someone accused them of being witches?how about the dark ages where all the books where being burned?Aztecs and Mayans used to rip the heart out of virgins because of their religion too, all religions when taken to an extreme are dangerous,it is just that the Muslims are just going through their modernization of their religion, right now they are going through their middle ages, maybe in the future their religion would be a bit more civil, right now the extremist are making their religion and their people look bad and are a danger to the world.

Honestly I beleive in god but I hate the Church.
You just want to talk about every other religions past, like that somehow excuses Islams present behaviour. Islam has no interest in modernization, this is obvious to everyone but you. You have the word view of a child... Of course you believe in God, you have proven that you lack the mental capacity to think for yourself. Good luck with your fairy tale.
Go stick your head back in the sand.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
as for the whole 'muslim' issue, I had a few friends who were of that background/religion and they were very welcoming, open, nice people. But then there are also the ones who set the bad examples, or the crazy religious ones that can be dangerous like Locknload said..

it's hard not to generalize when you see such a bad image of the arab/muslim/etc culture and religion. Although I have a few friends who share that religion and who are really cool people, I feel like the biggest issue is the way in which they percieve their religion, and how badly it is misconceived.

One thing I find very hard to swallow is how they arrive here in North America and attempt to continue living as though they were still in the Middle East, and fighting hard to retain their 'rights' (like the controversy about wearing the hijabs, or that ceremonial knife that one of the specific cultures does, and many more things). I feel like in a sense, if you go to a country, you need to respect their laws, values and at least attempt to learn about their history, culture, etc, and not constantly trying to impose their culture and religion in our countries. And if they really don't like this then they can return to their countries. I mean hell I have never heard of people from North America migrating to live in the middle east and imposing our religions or what we THINK should be our rights on their government...(and I'm not talking about politics and wars here, I'm talking regular citizens or immigrants) not sure if you all get what I am saying.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.