Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I pick up the Kawi from the dealer today, it's been there for like a week because here in the south its been raining like hell. I had just pulled out into traffic and was trying to get a feel for the new D208s and this new ZX-7R pulls out right behind me. I guess it was someone in the service dept. I gave him a quick look(its hard not to notice that orange;)color) and proceed toward my house. Like 2 miniutes later I've already forgotten about this guy when he blows by me doing at least 120. I got down on it and caught up to him and then he gives me the "lets go" sign. F*ck it! We were already going like 100 and he got a small jump on me but I'm right on his tail, We come up to this long sweeping right-hander and I back off a little more than he does due to the tires with like 5 miles on them. So he pulls maybe 10 bike lengths on me halfway through the corner, but I squared it off to stay on the center of the tires, and as soon as I'm upright its hammer down again, and he still has his shit leaned over as I rocket past D&D screaming loud as ever. I didnt even breathe it until I was whippin 4 fast downshifts and chattering the rear turning into my neighborhood. I would have been ashamed if I were him. Cant outrun a 6R on new, cold tires with a rider who hasn't ridden in a week. And those service guys always talk down to me like they are the shit on 2 wheels or something. It felt good.:)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats!

But...
Were you picking it up cause you just bought it or had it serviced? I thought you'd just bought and started racing. Damn that's a fool idea. Gotta get the feel before getting too crazy. Were you just getting new 208s? Even so that's nutz on brand new tires

Yellow '01

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had mine for like 3 years now, All they did was the new tires, adjust chain, tighten steering head, clean air filter crap like that. These 208s are my 2nd set of Dunlops they arent even close to being scrubbed in yet and the bike feels alot more planted than it did with the pilot sports on. I did like a hundred miles today just cruzing.

Racing a brand new bike is a fool idea. but I WAS racing a brand new 7R, those dealership guys are ruthless. Later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.