Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok had a bit of bad luck this morning. i dumped my bike at about 40 mph. i was tearing it down to fix it this afternoon and i can't figure out how to get the right side handle bar off is there a trick that i am not aware of. it looks as if all i have to do is unscrew the allen bolt holding it on but this isn't working for me if anyone could please help me with this i would appreciate it.

and if you don't mind callin me and making the process a little quicker that would be awesome

thanks
joel
660-221-7789

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
you have to undo the bolt that goes into the end of the bar itself, also have to undo the bolt on the clip on directly below the upper triple clamp. then use a hefty slot screwdrive or pry bar in the small gap in the clip on and GENTLY pry the clip on open and you should be able to pull the bar out fairly easily.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
worked thank you for the help and the difference from right of left doesn't seem to be an issue on the actual bar can anyone confirm this

thanks
joel

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
there might be, there controls on either side have a little plastic post that lines up with a small hole drilled in the bar. i'm not sure if they're perfectly symmetrical or what.. they might be???

check buykawasaki.com, if the part number for the left and right bar is the same then they're interchangeable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.