Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but if you did that how would you ride your bike normally? i wish i could afford to do stunts, but my bike has to get me to work, and anywhere else I want to go. I cant afford a car, I'm only 18, and if my bike's broke I'm screwed. my friends and I were all going to chip in on a used, dropped R! or 900RR for cheap, and then just all practice on it. Or even fix up an old bike, like a 75 goldwing for example, and just try to learn some throttle control and balance before trying it on a newer bike.just my two cents[8D]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Call me unoriginal but, since most of us shallow pocketed guys(and girls;)) can only afford the bike we're riding, we shy away from stunts like tryker's for fear not of losing skin, but losing paint and plastic. Honestly I'd walk around with a new black and blue tatoo and leave some skin behind to ride out a nice stoppie. Yet peeling off shredded pieces of graphics from my fairings can and has made me sick. So I propose this, find someone who is good at welding and fabricating make you some nice sliders and a crash cage, but a little more hefty than trykers(for us uncordinated guys) <----spelling? And set out one day of the week/month or whenever to learn these tricks. While removing some parts that are prone to breakage and easy to remove ie. mirrors, signals, and just go out there and bust up some pavement. I plan to get some guy thats good with a welder to make me some of this and practice laying the bike down in the drive way to ensure its maximum rash resistance and just go to town. Then again I might just buy and older ZX6R, strip the plastic and beat the hell out of it. All depends on money and inginuity[8D]

------

Go Green, but let the others have the envy

·
Registered
315 Posts
youve got a good idea there but i think that a crash cage just isnt gonna get it in a real wreck. itll prolly getcha by in a bad stoppie, but have you ever looped(or seen someone loop) a bike? usually the bike gets thrown all over the place it never just slides out. bends subframes, forks, tanks explode outwards from the centrifugal forces... just to name a couple of possible outcomes. be carful b4 you think that you or the bike is invincible.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well I just ment set aside a day in a parking lot or some other place away from traffic and the cops and strip your bike of the parts I mentioned and just do everything, low speeds and stuff just to learn. Once you build some confidence and the carsh cage takes the brunt of your mistakes, put all the parts you removed and you're good to go on a bike with minimal damage. Kind of a stretch , at low speeds a crash cage would do something. I dropped my bike a while ago doing a stoppie and had I had sliders on the bike, nothing but a mirror adjustment would have gone wrong. Instead a little rash on the fairing, very very minimal. Of course 50+ MPH loops a crash cage will do about nothing for. Just an idea. I'm more apt to buy an old ZX6R learn some stuff on it and then pull the engine out and put it in a tecate-4 ATV frame :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.