Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
charge the battery and make sure the petcock isnt set to off:D

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
47 Posts
havent started the old girl for about 2 weeks and now it wont kick over, doesnt even sound like it is trying really. Whats the problem and how do i fix it?

Glenn

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry, um, i think the batteries fine, it started when i got it, and the petrol is on, dah. Alright, heres what ive done, i jump on, flip it into neutral, turn the key, hit the go button and give it a flick of the wrist to about a 1/4 of the way round. starter motor kicks over, but the spark plugs dont more then scratch themselves (do nothing pretty much, no firing) any clues? dirty spark plugs? flooded?
Tried taking the spark plugs out today, turned it clockwise for some time, now it has stopped turning completely, doesnt turn either way and doesnt come out. didnt think undoing a spark plug would cause a problem, obviously somethings changed adn i dont wanna screw things up, any clues as to whats gone wrong/ how i can get the spark plug out?

Glenn

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
clockwise? wouldnt that be to tighten? lefty-loosey righty-tighty... if you turned it clockwise "for some time" you may have screwed up... its time for a trip to the shop.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Alex is right about your spark plug deal. Turn counter-clockwise to loosen.

Not sure what you meant by "go button"?

But make sure your "kill switch" is in the "run" position.

You never know how fast you can go, until you crash.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
lol, "go button":D

Member since 8/30/02. Forget what the post count says!

·
Registered
47 Posts
i got the spark plug undone yesterday, just had to give it a good reef outa there. think the spark pluck must have only been half way in or something it definately turned clockwise, but had to turn it anti clockwise to get it out, however it seemed to be coming out when i turned it clokcwise, dont know what the go was there. the man at the bike shop said i should try jump starting it if i did anything first so maybe you guys were right about the battery, dont really understand it but i guess if i understoon everything i wouldnt have this problem aye.
yeh the go button, the ignition button, the red thing under the on/ off switch that makes the bike go, hence the go button, thought it was pretty cool at the time. hehehe[^]
thanks, glenn

Glenn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.