Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've done some researching and even searching this forum.

but what is the actual horsepower for our bike, stock?

i've seen 112, 113, 117.i just wanna know before i get some new exhaust, pc3 and dyno it.

thanks. ;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
manual says:

95.5 kw (crank) @14,000 rpm.

dunno bout wheels, get them to do a dry run before all your mods sso you can have a befopre and after sheet.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It doesn't matter; different dynos will measure HP differently, so they will produce different values. What matters is that you need to get a power curve on the same machine (with similar atmospheric conditions) before and after any changes; it's the before/after that matters.

(BTW, mine dynoed at 103.14 on a Factory Pro Dyno, which measures a lot closer to actual HP than DynoJet does.)

·
Registered
393 Posts
I seriously doubt 140, especially at the rear wheel. You'd practically need a turbo kit to get that much real world power outta the bike.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
sakura, you must be new to the "Muzzy Clutches"! They are Baaaaaaaaaaddddddd!

·
Registered
306 Posts
i got u all beat im hittin 145 at the wheel and its all thanks to my stickers[:M121][}:)]

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by satan
i got u all beat im hittin 145 at the wheel and its all thanks to my stickers[:M121][}:)]
lol, im @ like 134.3 with my stickers..what stickers you have man? I need that 11hp ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Ask the Hayden brothers how bad ass the muzzy clutch is. For '04 and '05 the AMA supersport Kawi team used the muzzy clutch. Graves bought the design from muzzy and yami wins this year. I'm trying to by the one stamped with muzzy on it though. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.