Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else have the urge to get new exhaust just to change things up? For some reason I've been wanting to change mine just because!! I have a two bros slip on, so maybe since it's loud is what makes me want to change it. Too bad they are all expensive as hell, esp the bodis like I want!!

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just received my p1 power tip to quite the two bros a little. Just went ride and can say I'm happy, it knocked the obnoxious out of it. Couldn't pass trying it out for $20 on eBay.

· Registered
770 Posts
I would like an akra minus the price of an akra :D

· Registered
599 Posts
Well I just received my p1 power tip to quite the two bros a little. Just went ride and can say I'm happy, it knocked the obnoxious out of it. Couldn't pass trying it out for $20 on eBay.
When I got mine, I looked at and damn near handed it back across the counter. I figured it would make no difference at all.

I was wrong, of course. Pipe still sounded great with it in, it kills the higher pitched, annoying tones. Unless you hate your neighbors or your hearing, well worth the $20 for it.

· Registered
649 Posts
I just had a dream last night that somebody stole my exhaust from the catback and I found out that it was my manager so I beat his ass....I really hate my manager...but yea I want to change my exhaust I like the stock exhaust for highway rolling but I want to upgrade to the akrapovic or the leo..

· Registered
40 Posts
I like my stock exhaust.
im with this guy. like my stock exhaust just wish it wasnt so big. i had a level one racing on my 08 r6S. retarded loud all the time. i also rode real aggressive all the time cops could here me coming from miles away. and shit even when driving slow sounded like i was hauling ass. sounded sweet though but the shit gets old.

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
im with this guy. like my stock exhaust just wish it wasnt so big. i had a level one racing on my 08 r6S. retarded loud all the time. i also rode real aggressive all the time cops could here me coming from miles away. and shit even when driving slow sounded like i was hauling ass. sounded sweet though but the shit gets old.

LOL

That shit never gets old.

;)

· Registered
968 Posts
I flip flop whether or not I want to change exhausts. I wanted to change my 675's two bros for a while back to stock because it was so loud. I wanted to get something louder on my 250 for a while too but I think it would be obnoxious having a loud exhaust on a 250 unless I tracked it, even then I don't think it would matter.

· Registered
3,742 Posts
I just had a dream last night that somebody stole my exhaust from the catback and I found out that it was my manager so I beat his ass....I really hate my manager...but yea I want to change my exhaust I like the stock exhaust for highway rolling but I want to upgrade to the akrapovic or the leo..
ha ha ha ha

Dude, it sounds like your job is pissing you off as much as mine is lately.. I have the same issues.

I like the Yoshimura that was on my bike when I bought it so I left it on there. When your riding the bike the exhaust note blends in with the rest of the bike really well so its not overpowering but its loud enough when you get on it that it sounds nice. I had my dad ride my bike around the block once and the thing sounds better from the 3rd person perspective LOL nice deep tone for the cc the bike is.

I dont have any other 636's let along ZX6R's to compare it to since mine is the only one I know of around here though.

· Registered
40 Posts
LOL

;)
bullshit 33,000 miles on an 08 r6S all the tickets i could ever handle lol. not because the exhaust but it didnt direct the cops attention away from the bike. cant hear shit hardly, cant ever use an mp3 player or anything cause it gets drown out by the exhaust. people hate riding behind you because it kills theyre ears. yea it sounds sick as shit but sorry but to me the negatives outweigh the positives and on the zx i own now the exhaust isnt to big so it dont look bad and i can give up the sound. and as far as performance a slip on isnt really doing shit for you.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a guy that started riding with us, he's got a 07 gsxr 600, he took everything off after the converter. Man is it annoying!!! The few times he wound up close to me, I would hear an audible noise and it was a constant wah wah wah sound that made my head hurt. Finally when I asked him not to get close to me and cruise, everyone asked him to stay at the back of the pack or put his shit back on.

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts

If it does, then you know it's time to buy a cruiser (e.g. a Goldwing) and call it quits.

LOL

BTW I've been riding most of my adult life (I'm 51 now) started riding when I has 18 and I have to say, that shit never gets old.

LOL

;)

· Registered
2,378 Posts
There's a guy that started riding with us, he's got a 07 gsxr 600, he took everything off after the converter. Man is it annoying!!! The few times he wound up close to me, I would hear an audible noise and it was a constant wah wah wah sound that made my head hurt. Finally when I asked him not to get close to me and cruise, everyone asked him to stay at the back of the pack or put his shit back on.
There is a guy in my development
That did the same thing. It sounds like shit and he had to up the idle so it would stay on after startup. Heard the squid on his phone telling someone how awesome it sounds lol.
Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

· Registered
3,742 Posts

If it does, then you know it's time to buy a cruiser (e.g. a Goldwing) and call it quits.

LOL

BTW I've been riding most of my adult life (I'm 51 now) started riding when I has 18 and I have to say, that shit never gets old.

LOL

;)
I tend to forget how old you are... IDK what it is "maybe your screen name" but when I read your posts I want to think your 19 to 23 for some reason.

Loud bikes dont get old, but something that literally hurts your ears does. I had a buddy with an R6S that he put one of those GP deals on, I f-ing hated it.. The jackass would rev the piss out of it at a stop sign with me next to him and it made my ears sting in pain.. its a horrible feeling when your trying to cover your ears just to realize your full face helmet is keeping you from doing so. He since put the muffler back on the bike and sold it though.

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
That's why I always wear hearing protection when riding. But the noise of a sportbike screaming at 12-15K RPM's on a back road going through the gears in the country is awesome!

My Mustang GT also makes a lot of noise with the aftermarket exhausts I installed.

But I haven't reached the point where I say that shit gets old.

LOL BTW I just sound young ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.