Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

501 - 520 of 522 Posts

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
last night's episode.

Maybe it's just me...but I think if I were Rick...Neagan would be dead by now. After the head bashing I would have gone back to Alexandria and organized every single person there and the moment the Saviors showed up, fight until the last person is dead. Set traps, guerrilla warfare...that kind of stuff.

I know Rick will eventually snap...but no way would I have let them just walk in and take all of the town's guns...not without many of the Saviors dying first.
Ok, so you KNOW that Negan and the Saviors will be coming (granted they came early but still) The very next day back to Alexandria, I would have taken all the guns, handed them out, and fortified the living shit out of every place in Alexandria. They KNEW they'd be coming. They'd have to stop at the gate. You have an RPG for fucks sake. yes many in alexandria would have died in the ensuing battle, but with the high ground and defensive position, you stood a hell of a chance at coming out victorious. Besides, once Negan is dead by any means, there are probably a lot of people who would be like fuck this shit and just surrender/leave the saviors.

Ok so not fight them, hide at least SOME of the guns and for fucks sake get rid of the weapons manifest, so if you did have to hand them over, they won't know the exact number. Shit you could have buried a ton of them in the 'graveyard' in Maggies 'grave' and kept up appearances. So now thanks to Rick they have to 'provide' for Negan and company all sans weapons. How can they defend a) the city and b) when they go out foraging. Knives I guess is all they've been relegated to now, again thanks to Rick. Yeah Rick was broken and doesn't want any more people to die, but make it your last stand then. Fuck it. I would have urged all out total war. Judging by the amount of guns they took, they could have made a formidiable defense.

Yeah yeah yeah, then where do you go to fend off walkers if you managed to beat the Saviors there. It's almost as if at this point in the show the walkers are just non existent as a plot device/worry.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
so far this season is really not enthralling me.......
Typical walking dead. Big episode to capture everyone's interest, then it dies down for 4-5 episodes.

I'm wondering if Carl will puss out....

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Typical walking dead. Big episode to capture everyone's interest, then it dies down for 4-5 episodes.

I'm wondering if Carl will puss out....
IF they are sticking to comics he'll be interesting....but again, even the comics need to just fucking stop and move towards 'THE END'. Apparently there is yet ANOTHER 'bad' group introduced in the comics. How many times are they going to do the same shit 10x over? Glad I don't read the comics....plus the artwork is kinda meh to me.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
My former ambivalence for this show has succumbed into total disregard for it. They are not doing ANYTHING with it.....it's old and it's stale....not worth my time anymore. I said that if I didn't see some sort of movement towards some endgame resolution that this will more than likely be where I get off the bus. Shit, I'd rather watch and make fun of Once Upon a Time than this show. And now Westworld has only one episode left so I will be free to watch whatever I want on Sunday nites since I have no reason to watch anything in particular that specific night anymore.

The ONLY episode done well this season was the first one, after that they have all really been lackluster. I called their BS cliffhanger ploy last season which was totally un-necessary and they are just circling with zero sense of direction. Expect to lose more people after the mid season finale, which I'm sure they will have some sort of cliffhanger to be the carrot at the end of the stick. I'm done with AMC's cocktease which this show has become...Even Resident Evil franchise has more semblance to realize they need to enact an endgame even if it's ultimately going to reboot it, at least END it somehow which appears what they are doing.

I think a documentary about paint peeling off a wall aired opposite TWD would garner more interest/viewers....

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Sunday's episode was a bit boring to watch. I had completely forgotten about those 2 characters and was wondering why they had guns. Obviously it dawned on me that they left before Neagan showed up.

But what a waste. I don't really think it provided much to the overall story if that little group of women are only a 1 episode filler. If they don't get involved then what was the point?

But think about this...imagine binge watching this series. It would be mind numbing. Especially the last few seasons. I think it's actually better to watch it 1 episode a week.
But I am struggling with it.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
better episode this time around.

but for the life of me I just don't get why nobody can pull the fucking trigger.
Carl is there, automatic rifle in hand, Neagan in his sights...and decides to let him talk for a bit rather than just shooting on sight.
He had enough ammo to deal with the saviors that were around the truck.

Then later, Carl is behind Neagan, holding Lucille while Neagan rambles on about rules to the people...claim that stake Carl...bash his fucking head in.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
better episode this time around.

but for the life of me I just don't get why nobody can pull the fucking trigger.
Carl is there, automatic rifle in hand, Neagan in his sights...and decides to let him talk for a bit rather than just shooting on sight.
He had enough ammo to deal with the saviors that were around the truck.

Then later, Carl is behind Neagan, holding Lucille while Neagan rambles on about rules to the people...claim that stake Carl...bash his fucking head in.
Agreed.

He had ample opportunities. He had to have known it was a suicide mission going in there

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I fucking hate that websites have headlines saying someone died.
Fuck...give people a chance to watch it before spoiling it.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
Last night was a good episode. Both people who I was rooting for to die, did. I knew someone would because there was a "special cast guest" advertised for the Talking Dead mid-show.

For this season, I feel like you could watch the first episode and skip all of the others up until these last two and you'd be just fine.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
yep...just watched it. I agree. The middle episodes didn't do much...unless we see those women again later.

I had read about in the comics the guy that tried to undermine Rick died, so I assumed he would be dying soon. The fat chick was a bit of a surprise...but no real loss there.

At least they didn't leave the mid season finale on a cliff hanger.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
yep...just watched it. I agree. The middle episodes didn't do much...unless we see those women again later.

I had read about in the comics the guy that tried to undermine Rick died, so I assumed he would be dying soon. The fat chick was a bit of a surprise...but no real loss there.

At least they didn't leave the mid season finale on a cliff hanger.
I like Negan as a character, and how he makes lightly of killing off people.

Whether people like him or not, he really has shown restraint when it comes to treasonous personnel in the colonies (aside from the execution of Abraham and Glen). With Carl slaughtering his men, Rosita attempting to assassinate him, etc.

It was only a matter to time until the fat chick got killed off,but hey now they have one less blubbering puss and more food on the table. I can see how Spencer got where he did but yeah it's a good thing he's gone before he fuqs things up too badly for everyone else.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
so did anyone watch the most recent episode?
One thing really stuck out at me....when Daryl and that guy were going to ambush some saviors and they were hiding behind the semi trailer...was anyone else thinking that they should look inside the trailer?

Because if TV has taught me anything, inside will either be a 1977 Trans Am, 400 cases of Coors, or an elephant.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
I was thinking there would be zombies in there lol.

I don't trust this new group. And I was kind of disappointed that the battle walker was so easy to kill. I thought they would've dragged that fight out a little longer.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
I also wanted the guy from the Kingdom to light up that little long haired fucker from the Saviors.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
One thing I was thinking about while watching this episode. Aaron...the guy that was out scouting for new people for Alexandria and initially found the Grime's crew....how is it he never came across any of these 3 large factions of people? (The Hilltop, The Saviors, The Kingdom)

These factions all seem to be fairly close together geographically.

·
Pursebully
36,983 Posts
so did anyone watch the most recent episode?
One thing really stuck out at me....when Daryl and that guy were going to ambush some saviors and they were hiding behind the semi trailer...was anyone else thinking that they should look inside the trailer?

Because if TV has taught me anything, inside will either be a 1977 Trans Am, 400 cases of Coors, or an elephant.

I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Spoiler....

So I guess we get at least another half season...mostly likely whole season with Negan.
And I'll admit...I did not see that coming when the junk people turned on Rick.

·
Official n00b
16,965 Posts
Spoiler....

So I guess we get at least another half season...mostly likely whole season with Negan.
And I'll admit...I did not see that coming when the junk people turned on Rick.
I never liked the garbage people, I didn't trust them but didn't see them squealing to Negan either.

501 - 520 of 522 Posts