Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just weanted to say the the ZX6r is the without a doubt the hardest pulling bike of all the 600's.

I am fortunate enough to be able to ride all of the 600's anytime I wish. I have taken all of the 600's to track days and I'm always amazed by how much harder the ZX6 pulls. It pulls just as hard as my GSXR750!
I'm sure you already know this, I just thought I'd add my 2 cents.
Enjoy your bikes guys.....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Well DUH !!!

No no no... I'm just razzin ya... I've ridden all four now too... and I wouldn't give up the Kawi's superior engine for ANY of the others (although I did enjoy checking 'em all out)... the Honda's chassis interests me, but not enough to give up that huge bump in power the Kawi has.

And WELCOME to the board...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the Welcome guys.

DJ- the chassis on the CBR600rr is VERY nice, it feels just as stable,planted, as my RC-51. I can't tell you how many of my friends had said that they would love to put the ZX6's motor in the rr's chasis. I would like to do that and add the front forks and brakes to the rr. That would be one hell of a bike!

But I think the new 10 from kawi will be that bike![:0]

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
No one mentions the R6 anymore, only the Honda. How does the R6 compare at the track, in your opinion?

I saw newbie rider doing pretty well in the beginner group, and the black CBR rr he rode looked friggin beautiful. It was the first black one I've seen irl and it was either brand new or polished by a pedantic obsessed bikefreak, which is a good thing. Okay so I wasn't wearing my glasses or contacts at the time, so that might have helped:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Redfinn: Pedantic? I like that and I don't even know what it means...

Others: Right on! I knew we were the hizzy fo shizzy (in the words of snoop dogg) Now I wish I had an '03!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My buddy and I swapped bikes last weekend. I've got the 636 and he's got an '02 R1. Actually both of us had large smiles on our faces when we got off of the bikes. He said that it didn't feel like a 600. By the way the R1 was a lot of fun! Now, how can I convince the wife to let me keep the 636 and get the new ZX10 next year!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Red fin
The R-6 is a great bike.
It does not seem to fit my riding style that well.
On the track my honest opinons are:

1. 03 GSXR 600 - this bike does not do any one thing great- it just does all things well.

2. 03 ZX6r - This bike pulls the best, needs an aftermarket rear shock
A great track tool, and my buddies all prefer this bike!

3. 03 CBR600rr - This bike is very smooth, the chassis is very stable.
The power on this bike sneaks up on you and before you know it your flying. Unlike the ZX6 when you know you are hauling ass.

4. 03 R-6 - This bike seems to soft. Just like the R-1 is suffers from very soft set-up. And it really needs a steering dapner.

These are my opinions, I have had the pleaseure of riding all of these bikes back to back at California Speedway and in our canyons.

If I had to choose only one, It would probably be the ZX6r. Keep in mind that I am a, dare I say........honda guy. The power on the ZX6 tips the scales for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.