Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... for those of us in need of bodywork.

and not just those of use with the almost-impossible-to-find-parts-for ZX7-R, but ER'BODY!!!

my friends, i bring to you, fiberglass.

"huh? wtf is this crackhead talking about?"

well, i'll tell ya.

where my shop is at, theres a gigantor ass fiberglass shop that makes EVERYfuckingthing. ima see about getting a 'glass body.. they'll do CF as well, but it's gonna cost XX more, obviuosly.

i'm wiring their shop. these cats make some quality shit it seems so.. we'll see how my own fairings turn out. ;)

i just wanted to let ya know that if you CAN'T for the life of you find a nose or side, i might now have the hook up. i'm gonna try to talk them into trading a set of minty glass fairings for the use of mine to make a mold. :D
and maybe a bit of sponsorship!! haha

just in case you need like car parts or some shit like that, (or a canoe or boat or whatever) here..

Rod 'N Race Fiberglass
54 GM acess road, Suite A, Martinsburg Wv. 25402
[email protected]
www.rodnrace.com
304-258-0676
888-763-6452

i didn't know there were 2 types of fiberglass.. race weight (damn near see-thru) and street weight.. (about twice as thick..)
i got some decisions to make!! haha

i'll try and get a price soon and if anyone is interested, maybe i can get them in on a group buy if enough of us need shit..

kinda nice to make connections, eh? :D

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I'm willing to donate my body (bike pieces that is :D ) in trade for CF

all in the name of research and development of course

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya jason, thats sick. i probably walked past the mold for that a few times already!! haha..

their shop is ginormous.

alvin, i'd donate myself to science for CF bodywork!! haha

not sure they'd take a trade on CF for use of your fairings for molds, but hey. it's worth a shot!!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
heres what i want made out of carbon-which if they sent me a sheet of the stuff id just cut it out myself...

but the upper fairing (where it sits besides the frame)-id like to put flat carbon on the "shelf" plus it would hide my awful fiberglass chips from the previous owner. i also like where you put the carbon in the "triangle" part of the tail, little places like that make the bike pop without looking too gawty

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
. i also like where you put the carbon in the "triangle" part of the tail
GET OUT OF MY HEAD

you fucking stalker!!! :D

haha

ima try to swindle vex into making that intermediate part between the tail section halves between the seat and taillight, and that little piece avout the headlight and below the windscreen out of blur CF.

accents.. little things.. like you said.

great minds think alike homey!! haha!!

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump.

i just talked to the owner and he's willing to make a mold if he can get at least 5 ppl who want fairings.. so, if you want (for a start) 96-03 fairings, lemme know so i can make a list.. i'd love to get him more than 5 ppl, but i guess he'll take what he can get to justify making a mold.

post up on this thread http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?p=1518178#post1518178 if you're interested.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
same deal.. 5 or more ppl interested, and it's on.

they'd need a donor fairing tho.. not sure if when they make a mold if it's reusable.. i think so..

i'll find out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
same deal.. 5 or more ppl interested, and it's on.

they'd need a donor fairing tho.. not sure if when they make a mold if it's reusable.. i think so..

i'll find out.
How much we talkin each side. i want to know if it is cheaper than buying else where i dont have a donor and im not sure of anyone with one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts