Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm pretty excited. I get to pick her up today! :)

I took the MSF course last year and had my heart set on a blue 250. I didn't qualify for financing so I bought myself an old 82 nighthawk 450 to learn on and pinched my pennies for the last year.

I'm glad I did that because I took a little spill on the 450. Nothing serious but enough to do some damage had I been on a shiny bike with fairings.

As of yesterday I had saved up $5000 in cash and was ready to buy her outright. I got the exact one I wanted! A blue 09 with 3 miles on it! I paid $4400 out the door after talking him down so I had enough to invest in a better helmet that matches the bike and a new Jacket.

Needless to say I can't sleep! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the 250 is a great bike to learn on. You can also have fun on it as well. I never had the 250, but I wish I would have gotten it first.

Ya, I've heard that a lot. I think it's going to be perfect for me. Riding the 450 last season confirmed that I'm a pretty conservative rider. I'm closer to the commuter side than the stunting side and I'll mainly be using it to get to class and work. I don't think I'll be moving up.... But that's what everyone says! hehe.

·
Registered
753 Posts
3 miles on it???? You got hosed! :D

Nice pick up dude, the 250 is an amazing bike, I'm confident that you will have a blast on it. No better bike to learn on. Keep it for at least a year and 10,000 miles before you move up. You will miss it when its gone.

Welcome to the forum.

-Pat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome! Ninja 250 is the way to go. My first bike was a 2005 Ninja 250 and I loved it. I would have kept it if I had the money to, but I decided to put it to my 09 ZX6R. You'll probably want to get a bigger bike eventually, but take your time and get comfortable before you even think about that.

Anyways, enjoy it. It will be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Great choice, congrats! Go get her and post some pictures!:)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine had 3 miles on it also. They had it stashed down in the basement will all the white plastic still stuck on it.

Im happy with mine and im sure you will be happy with yours. I got the blue one. :)

Im like you as riding style, pretty conservitive and i plan on this being my only bike for awhile. Next bike i get will probably be a CB350 or 450 so i can make a cafe racer out of it. I just like the style of those old bikes, just look classic.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats and welcome to KF. My first bike was a 500 and I miss the hell out of it. Keep it as long as possible!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Good deal. The 250 is a fun machine. I loved every one of the 7500 miles I put on mine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Unfortunately, my bike was not ready today like it was supposed to be. I guess one of their guys is on vacation and another went down on his bike yesterday. :(

He's fine from what I'm told (Thank god) but they are very backlogged now. He said it will be ready tomorrow for sure.

Another sleepless night :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts