;)

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
:Hello:

·
Registered
13 Posts
May seem like a dumb question but why do people do put what im assuming is masking tape over their lights???

:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
May seem like a dumb question but why do people do put what im assuming is masking tape over their lights???

:confused:

Covering your lights with masking tape or other type of tape is mandated by many race tracks. So people who do the occasional track day will tape up their lights.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Covering your lights with masking tape or other type of tape is mandated by many race tracks. So people who do the occasional track day will tape up their lights.

:)

HAHA now it seems sorta obvious. I havent had the itch yet to shell out the 500 spondolies to ride on the track but if i ever do...now i know :D

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Yup. A cool option that is also out there are vinyl covers for your lights. Your lights work just the same, you meet the safety requirement for track riding, and you don't have to remove it :D

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
HAHA now it seems sorta obvious. I havent had the itch yet to shell out the 500 spondolies to ride on the track but if i ever do...now i know :D
It's not that expensive.

Around here you can get a track day for around $140, plus if you offer to be a track day corner worker for free you usually get credit for a free track day.

RideSmart.Info

;)

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
It's not that expensive.

Around here you can get a track day for around $140, plus if you offer to be a track day corner worker for free you usually get credit for a free track day.

RideSmart.Info

;)
Well don't forget you need a suit, boots, gauntlet gloves, back protector, and helmet. Then there's gas to get there, gas to race with, gas home, food for the whole trip, and even hotel if you don't camp out like I did. So at the very least I'd say the first track day is probably the most expensive. After that you learn to sleep in a tent, make food to take instead of buying on the way, and filling up your tank before you arrive rather than spend extra on the gas at the track.

My track day was $205 plus $25 for the membership (they have a couple different membership options, $25 was the cheapest and I chose it because I don't know how many times this year I'll get to go).

Also, you tape up whatever might shatter and make a mess in the even of a crash. So that includes tail lights, blinkers, mirrors, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's not that expensive.

RideSmart.Info

;)
That acutally sounds amazing, but out here in California, I have two tracks that are really feasable which are the track where they run Laguna Seca and Willow Springs out in the desert. Was talkin to a guy who runs willow springs and he mentioned it usually ends up costing about $500. i havent checked myself though.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
Well don't forget you need a suit, boots, gauntlet gloves, back protector, and helmet. Then there's gas to get there, gas to race with, gas home, food for the whole trip, and even hotel if you don't camp out like I did. So at the very least I'd say the first track day is probably the most expensive. After that you learn to sleep in a tent, make food to take instead of buying on the way, and filling up your tank before you arrive rather than spend extra on the gas at the track.

My track day was $205 plus $25 for the membership (they have a couple different membership options, $25 was the cheapest and I chose it because I don't know how many times this year I'll get to go).

Also, you tape up whatever might shatter and make a mess in the even of a crash. So that includes tail lights, blinkers, mirrors, etc.
First time riders get free Leather and Boot Rental

;)

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
My sharkskinz track plastics have paid themselves off many times over.

My street bodywork, or what would've been left if I had them on, would've been destroyed if I'd taken them to the track.

·
What is this place?
18,517 Posts
They made you post one too?? Damn these people. They used probes on me and electrocuted me to forme to post a noob thread :(

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
They made you post one too?? Damn these people. They used probes on me and electrocuted me to forme to post a noob thread :(
Don't forget the nipple clamps :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts