Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

so my buddy totalled his bike sunday, picked it up from the impound yesterday. to the untrained eye i dont think most could identify its make... he made it off easy, broken hand, lots of scrapes, 14 stitches. some dip $hit ran a light on SR520 in merrit island, he said he caught the passenger door at 45 mph. it broke the steering head clean off! hes awaiting insurance money and wants a new R1, this bike is only 5 months old. glad hes ok and ready to get back at it.

in his words R.I.P. GSX-R

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Damn it looks like it could have been worse. At least he isn't badly hurt.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he said maybe a new 10 would be nice... i think i need to go break my hand for a new bike!

G

·
the stupid cagers here in FL. people running red lights here or speeding up fast on a yellow is not uncommon :(

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by punksrfr

so my buddy totalled his bike sunday, picked it up from the impound yesterday. to the untrained eye i dont think most could identify its make... he made it off easy, broken hand, lots of scrapes, 14 stitches. some dip $hit ran a light on SR520 in merrit island, he said he caught the passenger door at 45 mph. it broke the steering head clean off! hes awaiting insurance money and wants a new R1, this bike is only 5 months old. glad hes ok and ready to get back at it.

in his words R.I.P. GSX-R
glad he is ok!

at least hes getting a new bike!

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
yes, one less gixxer..jk...sorry, hope your friend recovers well

·
Registered
509 Posts
glad he is ok! Looks like a Gixxer 600 or 750. I'd be sueing the bitch that ran the light, and get two bikes! [:p][:p]

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah the car stopped, i quess after the bike hit the door it stuck its head in the window and stayed. the car couldn't run with a bike hangin off the side. i guess they're going to try to settle out of court for bike replacement and medical bills. sounds like the guy in the car is pretty loaded and was sorry that he ran the light, i guess he doesn't want a court battle...

its funny that you said that Uncle Ben, he said the same thing right after he dad snapped this picture. lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
glad your buddy didn't bear the brunt of it. sue the bastard. let this be a lesson that even though you have a green light, you still got to look both ways before you proceed through the intersection. they are way too many careless people running red lights nowadays.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
what kind of gixxer was it, and tell him to part it out before he turns it over to the insurance

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.