Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently sold my 05 636, to get out of the trap that HSBC put me into.. had the 4.9%apr and 49.99 a month payments, which after having one late payment went to 21.3% apr and 100$ a month payments. at the time i coulldnt afford due to rent, insurance and living expenses.

BUT.. ive moved out and back into a non-renting situation.
in fact now i have next to no expenses, just some left over credit card debt, which will be gone by xmas time. After buying a Import car and thinking about doing swaps and such, i was hoping around and saw the 07' ZX6, and now im thinking screw the car, and buying a zx6 when they hit in feburary.. i miss my bike alot, and wished i could have found a way to keep it, but it was not to be.

so im asking.. anyone have this happen, ive made alot of bad mistakes at dealers, trading in a 98 for a 03, then trading the 03 for a 05. Now i want to start all fresh, no trade in about 3k in cash down, and get the good financing deal. also anyone have a couple good suggestions as to what to try to get out of the dealer?.. what can you barter into the final price?

thx in advance!!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i am all about getting a slightly used bikes. they drop in value a lot just by leaving the dealership. i just picked up an 03 sv1000s with 1k miles( yea thats right 1000) for $5k with a ton of spares and goodies. shop around, and avoid the dealerships.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I agree with gino! Tons of people wanting to get out of a new bike because of situations just like yours! Just have to look for the deals..I'll probably never buy a new bike again just because of the depreciation hit i took on the first one, but it is nice to have a new bike still smelling like the factory.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
In your case I'd pick up a slightly used 05-06. You can get very good deals on them right now $5500- $6000 for a mint low mile 05-06 model. Of course, if you want a new model, you gotta pay up you know...

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
In your case I'd pick up a slightly used 05-06. You can get very good deals on them right now $5500- $6000 for a mint low mile 05-06 model. Of course, if you want a new model, you gotta pay up you know...
+1. Find a clean lightly used bike with a motivated seller. May take some time, but deals are out there. Might even come with a warranty if the owner bought the extended warranty. You say you have $3K in the bank. Get a loan for another 2 or 3K (or better yet, just save the extra and pay cash) and you'll be good to go.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Dude, don't go to the dealer for a loan. Even the "good" deal is not a good deal. Go to a credit union, and get a locked-in payment for every month. There will not be any suprises, and if you miss a payment, they will be much, much easier to work with to get it fixed than someone on the phone in a 3rd-world country.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Check for leftovers. You're not a spoiled little kid who has to have the latest & greatest every time something new comes out. The differences between an '06 (or even an '05) and the new 07 will most likely not even be noticable on the streets.

If you simply can't do without the '07, then suck it up, pay yer $$$ and quit complaining. No rent? Sheee-it! Try taking on my $1500/month mortgage for awhile.

Kids! LOL.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I already got a deposit in. My OTD price was $9600 but got them to throw in the seat cowl ($350) the factory service manual ($80) and the first three checkups (around $250 or so).

You get a better price if you reserve it with a deposit now because then the dealer basically knows they already have X units sold and can order their normal stock plus all the preorders.

and yeah, dont get a loan through the dealer. Get an outside loan through your bank. You'll get a better rate and less hassle for missed payments.

(note, when negotiating the price DONT tell them you arent financing with them. They make money on getting you to finanance through them so will give you a better price if they think they can make it up in the finance bounty)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.