Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been riding my 250 for almost 4 years, I am pretty confident and want something newer and better than what I have. I have been looking around alot for a 600cc bike, I found a 07 ninja 650 for about 3500 bucks. I am 5'4 120lbs and would love to flat foot the bike. I haven't looked at it yet or sat on the bike, does anybody have any input on this bike? I think this bike might be the right decision in going up in class.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, how much would be a good price on a 650, the one i saw was an 07 with 14,000 miles for 3500... but its like 2 hours away.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, i already found a lower seat but its about 350, and im thinking i might just wear riding boots also. I think it should be a great bike. But, I am waiting until Jan. So hopefully I find a 650 for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Don't dismiss a bike, that has a few more miles on it, when you find one for a reasonable price. Venom's brand new 650 is just over 2 months old and is already up to over 6k miles. They should hold up well.
I'd like to look at it like this: A bike with low miles...that is already 5 years old...might not have gotten proper maintenance all the time, because it was too infrequently on the road for the current owner to give a [email protected]$% about it, if you know what I mean....

As for seat height: I'm 5'5", 32 inches inseam, and I can just barely flat-foot a new 650.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2 cents: I'm only 5' 3" and ride a 2010 Ninja 650r Installed a lowering link and with a low-cut seat my left foot is flat but on the balls of my feet when both feet are down. It's light enough I feel comfortable when coming to a stop.

I say go for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey

I'm new to the site and was just wondering if you ended up getting a ninja 650r? I've been riding one for 3 months now and absolutely LOVE it. I'm 5'5 and can't flat foot it with both feet but I didn't lower it cuz the height was comfortable enough on my tip toes with both feet or left flat foot at a stop. I started on a 500r so I can't compare to the 250 but if you're looking for a great commuter bike and fun around town this is it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still have the 250 currently, but hopefully next year I will have the money for a 650, I am really wanting a fuel injected bike and something I can ride on highways.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i was wanting a ducati monster but a buddy of mine said they always need the valves adjusted, so I am now thinking more or less kawi 650, or a honda 600cbr. But, I would love to find an older bike that I could customize, I love the retro cafe racer look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is an older thread but wanted to say I am 5'4" and am tipping toeing :( I think I need to lower it, its a tad ridiculous, I thought I would be able to touch better, oh well, great bike!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im 5'3" just upgraded from a CBR250R to the Ninja650R. Had it about a week - totally love it. I was concerned about the heavy weight and it being a little taller.

Its only about .5 inch taller - my feet are still at a comfortable level for me. Its definitely heavier but I am totally surprised in a good way offering stability. The power is a lot more for certain but the ride is smooth and stable.

I totally recommend it. See if you can find a dealer that will let you test ride, or if the person selling will let you. Once I test rode the 650, I was sold.

and... I totally loved my CBR250R - best starter bike ever - if my husband and I weren't planning to do weekend trips, I'd have kept it for the daily ride in a heartbeat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts