·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: spitfire36o

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice clip and good advice, but not very specific. Nice would have been how and where to measure your noggin? What sizes should be a starting spot compared to measurements?

I would go to the local shop here but I have found them a little less than helpful AFTER you buy your bike. (While shopping for a bike the whole shop is helpful as can be.)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
my first 2 helmets were xl and now my main helmet is m. i got educated:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Also, if you happen to be right on the edge of two sizes (IE - you could fit a Med snug, or a large with just a little room) go for the smaller size.
Tighter is better than looser.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Holy shnikes! That was a burly wreck! Excellent video chocked full of info

BTW: why the name change to meangreen??

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Also, if you happen to be right on the edge of two sizes (IE - you could fit a Med snug, or a large with just a little room) go for the smaller size.
Tighter is better than looser.
To re-enforce this, I bought a large icon in June. It was pretty snug then. With the use from then to now, it packed down and it slides a bit too much. Should have gone medium. Expect the helmet to pack down a bit after some use.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Nice clip and good advice, but not very specific. Nice would have been how and where to measure your noggin? What sizes should be a starting spot compared to measurements?

I would go to the local shop here but I have found them a little less than helpful AFTER you buy your bike. (While shopping for a bike the whole shop is helpful as can be.)
As for where to measure your noggin, look here:

http://sportbiketrackgear2.homestead...ize_chart.html

Do you have a Cycle Gear near you? That's my preferred place to try stuff on since, unlike a dealership (where you could purchase a brand new bike, come in the next day, and have them try to sell you another one), they are on a different agenda.

I used to wear a large Icon thinking it was perfect until I went to my medium AGV :D
lolz cuz AGV > Icon, u know that!

I have an AGV S-4, a Shoei RF1000, and an Arai Profile. AGV is a L, the other two are Mediums. The AGV was my first helmet.

·
Registered
493 Posts
That's why it's always smart to buy a helmet with a removable liner and cheek pads that way you can mix and match them to find a setup that works best. For me a Medium Scorpion helmet fits perfect and the cheekpads are perfect. I used to wear large helmets until someone with more experience told me that the reason my helmet shakes at higher speeds is because it's too big for my head so I moved down a size and that fixed the problem.

One of the reasons I sold my ICON Mainframe Subhuman helmet is because it was a large and I obviously needed a medium but he other reason I sold it was because the liner wasn't removable just the cheekpads. I've had several Icon, HJC, Scorpion and GMAX helmets and after all my years of riding I still have not found a better helmet for the money than Scorpion helmets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts