Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WAS THINKING ABOUT GETTING AN '04 ZX10R. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY PROS OR CONS TOWARDS IT. RIGHT NOW I HAVE AN '05 ZX6R BUT I WANT MORE POWER AND I DONT LIKE THE WAY THE NEW ZX10R LOOKS, SO I'M GOING FOR THE '04 ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Follow the force Luke...o4 ZX-10R is +10.. just don't crash it...light weight parts destruct easy against pavment.. but then again so would your ZX6R....have had 04 since new.. doubt you will regret... don't pay too much after two years now is my advice...you will be fine...:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Originally posted by 2KZX-9
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 04's had tranny issues that were corrected in 05.
Mine has had zero transmission trouble. I remember reading an article way back when that the test bikes had transmission issues but were fixed before production. My buddy who used to own an '04 gsxr 1000 loved the shifting on the zx over his.

As for wanting to by an '04, it is a stunning piece of machinery. Razor sharp handling and extremely powerful. And i've heard orange is the fastest colour.

·
Registered
976 Posts
zero trans issues here as well however i do know of a few that in fact did have engagement issues but warranty addressed them and covered it.
The shift star was updated on the 05 for better engagement so if need be simply purchase it for an 04.

BD

·
Registered
93 Posts
How hard would it be to change the shift star? Probably wouldn't want to buy a used 2004 then, because you won't have a warranty...no?

·
Registered
976 Posts
unless the owner has purchased the extended warranty no you wouldn't. not sure about the labor to replace the star but since its external i can't see it being more than a 2hr job.

BD

·
Registered
45 Posts
My husband loves his 04. He claims it's the best year for them, but it's an opinion of course.

He has had trouble shifting when he is at the track. He just recently got the upgrated detent spring and a couple other items that were changed in 05 for shifting. He hasn't put them on yet, but will soon. I'll can give a report if it's better or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.