Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really starting the like the look of the naked over my current 03 zx6rr. I see its categorized in the "sport" category on kawis site. Have any of you gone from a super sport to this sport version and what are your thoughts? I take it that it isnt a zx-10 stripped of its fairings? imo i think it looks way tougher and would llike some of your opinions on the z1000 or 750. i also was looking at the ducati monster but that looks weak in comparison to z1000.

thx

·
Registered
7 Posts
ducati monster are slow but have lots of torgue....the z1000 is a zx-9 motor pepped up a bit but its not a zx 10 motor...its still extremey fast and would be a decent comparason to a zx6rr

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a 2003 z1000. I really love the bike and while considered sport, they did tone down the sporting edge on it. So make no mistake, it does not compare to a zx6r in track like conditions.

Having said that, the z1000 is quite capable, it would take you up to 80% of what a sportbike can do. If you skills can take you beyond that, then you will want to upgrade the suspension. I ended up putting zx6r suspension on mine & it is a totally diff beast in the handling dept.

As for power, the Z has more usable power down low on the streets than any of the middle weights. Howver, the zx6r mill is very powerful & its power to weight ratio is better than the Z, so don't expect to have a much faster bike than the zx6, cause it isn't. The Z makes about 10-15 more hp, but the z also weighs about 60 more pounds.

Despite all that, I still prefer my Z. The reach to the bars is comfortable, it has plenty of power to keep up with average guys on supersport bikes. And like you said, the looks are very much more aggresive & raw compared to the supersports...

Here is a pic of mine....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i do love my rr but i see myself more as a casual street rider, im not into aggressive riding though i do love power and speed off of the line, which is why i think the higher torque low/mid power would suit me, i love launching off the line, but havent done any tracks or twisties as i usually do my riding at night. the wrist and balls take a beating on the rr but atleast for the first hour its tolerable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.