Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 06 black 636 with 2k miles on it and thinking about jumping back up to a liter bike. Rode a buddies R1 Monday and though I love the 636 I miss the power of a liter. I have been eye balling the new 10 but havent really decided if I am going to make the switch yet. Most of my riding is track only so any one that can give some insite( I read all the mag input but I prefer "real" people reviews) on the bike I would greatly appreciate it. Also how much should I expect to get for my 636(stock except for flush mount front signals, rear light intergrater, GPR damper and Vortex sliders)?

·
Registered
602 Posts
What do you really expect from people digging and riding the 10-R as often as possible??I think its a dumb question..but if your 636 is your first bike I will wait a little bit...;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by badexample
What do you really expect from people digging and riding the 10-R as often as possible??I think its a dumb question..but if your 636 is your first bike I will wait a little bit...;)
I actually expected thier thoughts on the bike. I wasnt expecting any one to bash the 10 just thier input on handling, power etc... Just basic input since I havent personally riden the new 10 yet. No the 636 isnt my first bike.

·
Registered
602 Posts
too much power ...cut like a knife in the corners...smooth...what else!better than sex...I dunno..Go buy it right now..Make sure its Black too...:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a KawiForums and you will find loyalty and no one will say anything different from what you have already heard. In my opinion, you only have two choice, GSXR1000 or 10r. This is the bests of the liter class. Tires on 10r(190/55zr17)is expensive and the mods and other things are hard to find. Comfortable in seating. Instrument cluster is better on Gsxr, a little more power on 10r. Other than that it's pretty much the same.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Seca
So I have an 06 black 636 with 2k miles on it and thinking about jumping back up to a liter bike. Rode a buddies R1 Monday and though I love the 636 I miss the power of a liter. I have been eye balling the new 10 but havent really decided if I am going to make the switch yet. Most of my riding is track only so any one that can give some insite( I read all the mag input but I prefer "real" people reviews) on the bike I would greatly appreciate it. Also how much should I expect to get for my 636(stock except for flush mount front signals, rear light intergrater, GPR damper and Vortex sliders)?
If you have owned and ridden a liter bike before, why would you buy a 600?[:M7]
I would never expect anyone go down after they have ridden a 1000cc unless you have to. 600 can't corner faster than 1000, and sure as hell can outrun it in straight away.[:M60]

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Originally posted by dallas10r
This is a KawiForums and you will find loyalty and no one will say anything different from what you have already heard. In my opinion, you only have two choice, GSXR1000 or 10r. This is the bests of the liter class. Tires on 10r(190/55zr17)is expensive and the mods and other things are hard to find. Comfortable in seating. Instrument cluster is better on Gsxr, a little more power on 10r. Other than that it's pretty much the same.
hmm, on the power issue. Yes, the GSXR has a different band to play the power, but does not translate into more power. And yes, a 55 series rear is nice, but Dunlop offers the 160's also if you play with your suspension any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.