Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi two years ago I was new and worried about the type of bike that I should buy. Too many people advised me against the Ninja 1000 and I followed the good advice.

I purchased a GSX 650F. Great bike. Loved it. But when I take my wife on ride the bike is a little bit harder to handle and I can just imagine a trip from Montreal to NYC doubled up and fully loaded. The bike may strain a little bit. I'm sure that it can handle it but I also like my comfort as well as my wife's comfort or else she'll never agree to go on a long ride again ;).

That being said I am totally comfortable riding a motorcycle now and I'm not a speedster. I like the leisurely rides more than the knee dragging.

I absolutely love the looks and specs of the new Concourse. It's got a lot of the amenities such as the keyless system, electric adjustable windshield, heavier so good for touring, the bag set that just works better than buying bits and pieces from the after market, heated grips and general look and feel of the bike.

I'm sure that it would make for a good stable tourer. But we do have three children so touring cannot happen every weekend. Maybe only a couple of times a year.

My question is this. Is this too much bike for the city? I live in a suburb of Montreal, Canada so I'm not talking inner city Montreal (but still go there often enough).

I want a good tourer that can also be used as a daily bike and I hope that this is the one.

Any advice out there?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just take the hard bags off when your not using them, the bike shrinks to sportbike size.have a couple of buddies with fjr1300s and that's what they do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts