Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i picked up my black 06 on thursday and still in the break in period. I plan on riding till about 500 miles, change the oil, and ride it hard. Since Thursday I have installed:

Zero Gravity double bubble
Pro Grip grips
Tank pad
16 tooth sprocket

On order:
Speigler Carbon black w/ gold banjo fittings brake lines
Galfer pads
Rear cowl
LSL frame sliders

When the 636 gets sold i will get:
Arata exhaust (black cans)
PC
Gold Sato rear sets
Gold Pazzo levers

After all of that i really don't know what i will do.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my buddy has an 06 R1 w/ a full Graves exhaust and it sounds so good that i just couldn't take it. Hardracing.com has these exhaust for a great deal and the PC was good price also.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you have to take the bike to the shop to have The PC installed,or is it user adjustable? I haven't done any research on the PC for my zx10r. I had one installed on my former Gixxer750 '01.Didn't think it was worth the money, Or the [email protected]#KIN' scratches they put on it. I didn't put an exhuast system on, I drilled the muffler and it still gained 3hp. at the rear,With a k&n filter.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as far as i have seen and understand the PC is bike specific since it will plug into certain plugs on the bike. then you can upload maps to it by using a USB input.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2 posts on same day. One hates the new 06 and you love it. I happen to like mine too. Must be nice to go on a spending spree, get everything you want. I've done Akra slip-on and PC so far.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i got the Akra on and it looks awesome but the PC is bad. Tried loading the stock map on it and it won't even idle, but once it took the PC out of the loop it worked just fine. I sent it off today to get a new one. I did ride it the other day and man the Akra's sound great. i jumped on the interstate to wind them out a bit and the next thing i knew i was going 163...this bike is way fast.

Redtail06: it is ok to go on a spending spree every now and then...in my case i am going through a divorce and figured that i should by myself something nice :)

Here are a few pics of her:

Here is a pic of my 04 636 and my buddies 06 R1 and behind the R1 is on 04 R6

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is the 16 tooth sprocket one size smaller? I want to gear mine down too. Where did you get it and how do you like it? Does it wheelie like crazy?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes the 16 tooth is -1 front. I got the guys at the place I bought it from to order it for me. It comes up in first w/ no problem, but I really don't have any way to compare it to stock because I put it on the same night that I got the bike. Anyone know how much more off the speedo is when you go down 1 in the front? I took off on the interstate the other day and looked at the speedo and I was running 177mph. I let off real fast when I saw that. I am used to the speed of my 636 and not this beast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you have to disconnect the exhaust servo? I have the exact same bike and can't decide between the slip-on or the full akra system. It already has enough power so 5-10 hp between slip or full is not a big deal but it would be cheaper and less hassle to install slips. Who did you order your exhaust through?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah I took the whole thing off. You leave the servo connected to the harness but you can take off the lines that run from it down to the valve. i ordered mine through hardracing.com

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude you are into it! Nice garage and bike.... Hope you can hold it open on the track....
Let me know how you like it on the track compared to the 6.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.