Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not a bad looking bike.Very similar in style to the kawi500r.The color matches your tutu also.How many miles?..honestly for the money, it looks to be a decent deal.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Suzuki GS500? I looked at plenty of those when I was looking for a bike. I think they're junk.

Dude, get a 250 or a 500 Kawasaki. Both will have tons of parts to fix them up and stuff. I turned down the GS500's because they all needed something fixed that I couldn't find for them.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
The GS is a better bike for the money then the EX

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had a gs500 and it's a really nice bike. not enough power for me but good for a begineer,

·
Registered
443 Posts
As much as I'd like to see you off to the Suzuki board...and I do think the gayness is appropriate for you, the mileage is too high. Afraid this will turn into the proverbial 'good money after bad' scenario...

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Man, A.N. - I gotta hand it to you. You have an even thicker skin than Skeets with these willy-nilly posts of yours. It's almost like you want to get flamed.

That mileage is excessive. Even for a $1000 bike. You'd probably spend as much on repairs in a couple of years as you would for the total sales price of a slightly-used pre '08 Ninja.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
If you're planning to upgrade relatively soon I say buy it, ride it, then flip it(either by selling or crashing it). Honestly I'd rather a 17 year old bike have 60000 miles than 6000 miles as long as it's had the regular maintanence done. That means it's been ridden and taken care of. You're not gonna kill the motor. However if you plan on keeping it for more than a year or so I would hold out for something a little nicer. If you're gonna resell it and money is an issue then leave the paint the way it is. If you wanna keep it for a while rattle can it flat black. Throw the guy $900 cash and ride away on your new bike.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
thats a whole lotta miles dude, id ask him when was the last time he had it given a once over to see what was starting to go

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
btw people who say the milage is excessive are just paranoid and aren't being realistic. Especially b/c it's Cali bikes get ridden year round, there's nothing wrong with a high milage bike thats been taken care of.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If your just going to ride it a season I'd pick it up as long as the bike runs good. Pick up a eraser wheel from a auto body supply place and get rid of the graffics that alone will make it look better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'd make an offer of like $400. '92 is way old and the miles are way high and unless you're a motorcycle mechanic, I think the problems you're going to encounter is so not even worth the price.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Don't forget that is an air-cooled motor. They run hot and if the oil wasn't changed regularly on that thing it will have some things already partly fried in there, mainly the valves. 60K miles...there's no way I'd buy it for any price. It should be getting better than 33 mpg if it's in good shape. Pass, get an ex500.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts