Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wodnering yalls opinions on a bike i came across think its a good deal or should i pass?

09 zx6r monster edition with 3700 miles in mint condition

it has a few mods too like ohlins steering stab showa front shock absorbers and a m4 slip onalso has little things like green LED lights and new tires.

their asking price is 7500..how do yall think the bike is priced?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do you know how the guy before you rode it? He beat the shit out of it, not take good care of it, and just trying to sell it cuz it's got shit wrong with it? Or he just need the cash so trying to get rid of it?

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
The price is about right, can probably get cheaper if you shop around, but it is a nice bike none the less.

I wonder why the first mod everyone runs to do as soon as they get a bike is the bolt on exhaust, does everyone just buy a bike to get attention?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies guys. and i expect the price to be a little high because of the fact the bike is at a dealer which i forgot to mention. but i will more then likely have to get a bike at a dealer so i can get financing. even though i have good credit my bank for some reason did not approve me a loan...

·
What is this place?
18,517 Posts
You have to compare prices in your area. A bike that will cost 4K in my area usually runs 5K in Cali... So we can't really say yay or nay on that for you.

·
Registered
254 Posts
thanks for the replies guys. and i expect the price to be a little high because of the fact the bike is at a dealer which i forgot to mention. but i will more then likely have to get a bike at a dealer so i can get financing. even though i have good credit my bank for some reason did not approve me a loan...
I have seen people with good credit get turned down and people with not so good get a bike...weird i think...my buddy has right at 600 and somehow he got it:headscratch

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
just wodnering yalls opinions on a bike i came across think its a good deal or should i pass?

it has a few mods too like ohlins steering stab showa front shock absorbers and a m4 slip onalso has little things like green LED lights and new tires.

Those two items are not mods. They come stock on that bike.

·
Pursebully
37,566 Posts

Way high, especially considering that most of the mods are not mods and the green LED's are stoopid. So basically, it's a stock bike with a cheap slip-on. I wouldn't pay over $6K.

·
Registered
124 Posts
New tires aren't really a red flag for me, the old ones could've had a nail in them or maybe the old owner just didn't like them.

The only real mod is the exhaust and that adds minimal value but since you're buying from a dealer the price will be higher. That price is still high, for my area at least. I've seen basically brand new zx6's for $5k-$6k

I bought that same bike 2 years ago from a private seller, stock with 595 miles for $5950. Turns out he was selling it so cheaply because the voltage regulator was bad, luckily it was a cheap fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I'm not saying that the new tires are a red flag, but when I'm buying a used ANYTHING, I question everything I can. Dirty chain? Question the maintenance on the bike. Aftermarket fairings? Vocalize your assumption that it was dropped. New tires? Again, vocalize that maybe they were changed due to excessive burnouts, being tracked a ton, etc.

Everything you can bring into question possibly lowers the price, and at the very least gives you more leverage for negotiation.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Holy fuck tell that guy to fuck himself...I picked up my 09 in 2011 for 6200CAD!!!! and it had 4000KM with a m4 pipe, hotshittybodies tail and sliders

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
even though i have good credit my bank for some reason did not approve me a loan...
You need a loan for 5g's?!...Not to knock you down or anything, but you probably shouldn't buy a bike if you can't afford 5gs. Just wait and save up. I paid cash for all my bikes. The 06 and 07 were brand new from the stealership. Bikes are cheap...don't get caught financing them.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I agree. Bikes are toys, if you can't afford to buy it outright, you probably can't afford it in general. After you factor in the interest, at that list price, you're going to pay close to $9000 for a nearly 5 year old bike. You also have to factor in about another $1000 for proper riding gear, if you don't already have it, plus insurance, plus maintenance, plus repairs in the event of a crash or drop. Save the loan for something that is an actual necessity, like a home. You'll also have more leverage negotiating a good price on the bike if you walk in there with cash in hand.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The price is about right, can probably get cheaper if you shop around, but it is a nice bike none the less.

I wonder why the first mod everyone runs to do as soon as they get a bike is the bolt on exhaust, does everyone just buy a bike to get attention?
I bought exhaust a month or two after purchasing my 650R, for safety reasons. I rarely go high in the RPMs. On my commute I stay under 6K most of the time, and stock exhaust is almost silent at that level.

I want the lady in the suburban next to me to remember I'm next to her before she changes lanes into me.

So that is the reason I got exhaust, not to show off.

Sent from some shady person's basement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts