Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
just go over there with 5 of your buddys in the truck and make sure one of the buddys you bring has a ccw so he can bring his gun. then see if the ad was real. if it is, you got a bike. if it isn't , you just had a funny roadtrip

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
In my honest opinion, $2600 for that bike is a reasonable price. considering that it would probably sell no more than $3500 peak season. Its a 2000 (an 8 year old bike)

ILYA

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
and it's starting to get cold up there and no one rides soon! I should know I lived there for 19yrs.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called him up and he said the $900 was a mistake and it's supposed to be $2600 which I'd say is still pretty good. He said he's moving today though so if he don't get it sold maybe I can call him back tonight and get it for real cheap.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
the shot of it being washed alone would make me not want to buy it. I'm strange, I never use a hose or suds up my bike. Never.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
cocaine is one hell of a drug
+1 :D

looks like an ight deal. someone coulda hacked it and put the $900 price.

nothing wrong with washing a bike. lol, i rode with a group the other day, we met up at a gas station and it started raining, every body put their bikes under the awning at the pumps. i left mine out and told them that kawi's are waterproof lmao. i had the only kawi.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Dosent look like it would damage the bike...unless hes like spraying water directly at the electronics
why wouldnt yo wash the bike with a hose and all that?
Just a personal preference of mine. I can avoid riding in the rain, and by not dumping water on it from a hose I can ensure that the electronics are safe. I know if you get caught in the rain the stuffs going to get wet, but it you can minimize the number of times it does, to me that's better. I just cleaned my bike this past week with damp paper towels wet with water. Had some baked in bugs on it too, it's spotless. You don't NEED a hose and soap and all that shit to wash a bike imho.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
Just a personal preference of mine. I can avoid riding in the rain, and by not dumping water on it from a hose I can ensure that the electronics are safe. I know if you get caught in the rain the stuffs going to get wet, but it you can minimize the number of times it does, to me that's better. I just cleaned my bike this past week with damp paper towels wet with water. Had some baked in bugs on it too, it's spotless. You don't NEED a hose and soap and all that shit to wash a bike imho.
seems kinda weird, but if it works for ya, at least you do clean it. when you said you never wash it with a hose, i was thinking your bike must be durty

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
If you know any cops ask one to come along in street clothes and before you exchange any money run the VIN. Or call him back and ask if he'll give you VIN over the phone tell him you wanna run a carfax check on it. You can even take the VIN to the local PD and ask them to run it incase it's stolen. Saying it's a clear title doesn't it isn't forged. Crack does make people depserate.

As for washing your bike with a hose. The connectors on cars and bikes are the same connectors the marine industry uses. A little water from a hose isn't gonna damage anything. Unless you've been in there messing with stuff and cut any insulation. I've been in the rain a few times you can't avoid it where I live but if it needs a major wash I use a hose but I use Meguiar's Quick Detailer in between to keep it looking good. It's a great product. There's whole line of motorcycle specific products. I haven't tried them all but will...damn black bike lol.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?T1=MEG+MC20108

Habs

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
if he's desperate for money, as one might be when they're moving, he just wants some kinda money in his pocket so he's putting a price that he knows he'll get a response too. id jump on it, but be sure to make sure everything is in working order

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
seems kinda weird, but if it works for ya, at least you do clean it. when you said you never wash it with a hose, i was thinking your bike must be durty
It IS weird, I can't see a clean bike that didn't get a hose to it. You can take a diaper to all the easy access stuff but in the mean time dirt is accumulating everywhere else without any water to clean at least a bit of it. Cleaning without a hose must take so much longer too.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dosent look like it would damage the bike...unless hes like spraying water directly at the electronics
it's not the electronics you wanna worry about. Detergents aren't very good for the lube on your chain for a start, not sure how it affects things like brake pads, and other polymers. Wouldn't risk it if it's not necessary...which it isn't.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts