Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been a long time since its happened so it I guess it was just due.

Other then a cop giving me a dirty look at Wal-Mart once for parking in the yellow lines right in front of him I havn't had the problem in years. None of that stupid "damn motorcycle taking up a whole parking space" retardation or anything.

Now after almost 2 years of me parking in the same place every day and the driver before me parking his bike there for two years before we switched jobs and changed buildings. Some one has got a hair up there ass.

This is where I was parking.

Pic from inside the break room. (yes its raining)

The picknick table is now where my bike is sitting in the pictures so its in the shade and I'm now parking my bike on the far edge of the concreate next to where the cars park completely out of the way of everyone.

Mind you I'm the one that drug that table outside this spring and I could easily put it back if I wanted. But someone has been putting random shit where I park and one of the 3rd shift guys is suddenly bitching for some reason. I work 2nd shift also.. There are 2 cars and my bike in the parking lot the whole evening we are out there, its a remote warehouse with no more then a handful of people in it at any given time.

I honestly dont f-ing understand people. This isnt the only thing, it seems like recently a few people are being pissy about everything and I am frankly tired of all this stupid shit.

It's not a car its a bike, the same parking rules do not apply. There is a reason people park bikes weird places, its f-ing normal and people should be used to it by now let along bother to bitch about something that has nothing to do with them.

We have MC parking at all our other buildings just not this one.

I really dont f-ing get people.

Im gunna keep parking where the hell I want though. Be glad if you dont have to deal with dumb shits all day.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Like they ways say. Haters gone hate

·
Official n00b
17,453 Posts
For whatever reason people don't get all up in arms about bicycles parking in places like that, but when one of us motorcyclists do, were asshole bikers.....

Its safer than parking in a car spot where a soccer mom will run down our bikes. We all know a majority of the population driving do not pay attention to the road.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For whatever reason people don't get all up in arms about bicycles parking in places like that, but when one of us motorcyclists do, were asshole bikers.....

Its safer than parking in a car spot where a soccer mom will run down our bikes. We all know a majority of the population driving do not pay attention to the road.
Thats the reason I park where I do, plus when its hot the kickstand wont sink into the concrete.

We will have some people fly into the parking lot to pick up the 1st shift office people and crap, I dont want my bike getting hit.

Shits starting to get a little out of hand. Bunch of people with no authority being threatening. I've made it clear if anyone touches my shit that that will be the last day both of us work there.

·
What is this place?
18,517 Posts
I used to park in front of the store I worked at. On the side walk right next to the door. Nobody minded. Then someone started complaining. So I just parked in the back room.

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
i like to say "fuck off" to most people. it usually answers any questions i have as to if i care about their opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
There is always someone with a "it's not fair attitude" about bikes, call it lane splitting or parking out of people's way.

It is not a Harley Davidson 1000 pound behemoth, it is a 400 pound bicycle with an engine that gets on no ones way.

Although you have to agree that the only reason we get away with it is because not many people commute on a motorcycle, because if now you out of the sudden you had 6 bikes on the sidewalk it would probably be an issue lol.

Where I park they sometimes close the parking to monthly parkers because of special events they need all the parking at the hotel, but they let me park anyways because I park in a little corner out of everyone's way,yet I get "it is not fair" when they find out they let me park and they turned them away to pay 10 dollars for the day elsewhere.

Fuck fair , we are on a bike with no AC no roof , no sound system or safety collapsable walls I think we deserve some benefits here and there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dude people are just gunna bitch, because our society has become lazy, spoiled, ungrateful, think I'm entitled to everything kinda attitude. The dudes that are f'ing with you prolly don't really give two shits that your bike is there. They just know it makes you pissed when they mess up your routine, and get amusement out of it. Also he prolly is jealous he can't park his car there so to make himself feel better he complains about you being there so that you will have to park in the lot like everyone else. Don't worry about him, he is a dumb cager that doesn't know what it's like to own or ride bikes. In other words, F*** him.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If you had half a dozen bikes parking on the sidewalk they would probably make a section to park the bikes. Anyone with an imagination can forsee some distracted driver either G-swerving into an "empty spot" only to knock a bike over, or back out of a spot and run down a bike.
I never park in a spot if i can help it. Too dangerous.
People are ignorant, selfish, and just plain ole fucking stupid.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
We live in the "it is not fair" society , where everyone wants the same when they don't even deserve it.

I know a teacher and kids used to get "the honor roll" for being good in school and not missing class etc... well the parents of the no so "honor-full" kids starting raising hell saying that "kids feelings are being hurt" and whatnot so now everyone gets honor rolls , a few jellous parents fucked it up for the ones that really worked for it.

Also There is "gifted" special class rooms for kids with high IQ , it is usually tougher, well some parents are not going to have a kid that is not "gifted" since all the parents love to think their kids are the smartest in the world , so what do they do? they pay a psychologist 600 bucks to 1000 bucks to lie on a IQ test so they can get in the gifted program so they can brag in social parties about it.
IT is the society of envy ...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'm obviously in the minority here, but why park on the sidewalk? I just park in the parking lot like everybody else.

I get that sometimes a bike can sink the kickstand into the asphalt, but that's why you carry a kickstand puck.

I also park toward the back of a spot so that nobody flies into the spot and hits me.

As for the "we don't have A/C, a roof, blah blah blah" argument. So? We also have better fuel mileage and are able to get through spots that most cars can't. Guess I don't feel entitled just because I ride a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Some people are petty and spiteful. I feel like some dick would be more likely to fuck with your bike because you park it somewhere like the sidewalk, than if you just park it in a regular spot. Kinda like when people park their cars taking up two parking spaces.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
I'm obviously in the minority here, but why park on the sidewalk? I just park in the parking lot like everybody else.

I get that sometimes a bike can sink the kickstand into the asphalt, but that's why you carry a kickstand puck.

I also park toward the back of a spot so that nobody flies into the spot and hits me.

As for the "we don't have A/C, a roof, blah blah blah" argument. So? We also have better fuel mileage and are able to get through spots that most cars can't. Guess I don't feel entitled just because I ride a motorcycle.
Honestly I park on the sidewalks and generally on places where cars can't park because we get away with it, and second because it is a lot harder for a would be thief to steal your bike if it is right in front of where you are where everyone is walking by than on a parking space where it can be easily loaded on a side of a van.

I agree there are times when you should not be on the sidewalk but common sense should be used here.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It's not complicated.
Your right it isn't. If i don't use a "real" spot i normally just use the cross hatch spaces in the front. Usually the cross hatch area is rather large. I don't like to park against buildings or on sidewalks. All it takes is someone to get a splinter in there ass and either tow it or right me a ticket.

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
It is not so much the gas issue as it is the traffic issue.

We spend so much money in building more roads when people riding to work would save so much traffic if more people tried it.

In China they have motorcycle and scooter ways, I would like to see some of that here in the states.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts