Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally.

Basically he had a gun in the passenger's bookbag. The exhaust melted the bag, it caught on fire, they pulled over and got off the bike. Then the gun fired while still in the bag and shot the tire!

There's a noticeable dent in the wheel, and obviously the bullet was still inside when we changed the tire.

Crazy

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yeah, its always a good idea to carry a gun with you in a book bag... :)
I had an idiot friend, well, not even friend just someone who I occasionally rode with in the past that would ride with a chambered S&W .45 revolver in the back of his jeans. This guy was a clown and one of those people who thought people were always out to get him. He'd tuck the firearm in his wasitband, then cover it with his riding jacked. Had a liscense to carry, but still pretty dumb IMO. I always thought about him crashing or something and then gun firing.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,163 Posts
Damn, no joke. I expected to see a shot tire as in cords showing. :eek:

·
Powerhungry
38,210 Posts
I had an idiot friend, well, not even friend just someone who I occasionally rode with in the past that would ride with a chambered S&W .45 revolver in the back of his jeans. This guy was a clown and one of those people who thought people were always out to get him. He'd tuck the firearm in his wasitband, then cover it with his riding jacked. Had a liscense to carry, but still pretty dumb IMO. I always thought about him crashing or something and then gun firing.
no.

if its not going to be chambered, it might as well be at home.

the fire is the reason it went off. it got hot, and ignited the powder.

·
Registered
315 Posts
no.

if its not going to be chambered, it might as well be at home.

the fire is the reason it went off. it got hot, and ignited the powder.
:plusone: People that know I carry.. and there is very few, always try to get on my ass about having one in the pipe at all times. To that I ask would you rather A. if needed pull your piece and put someone down or B. pull your piece, rack the slide, hope the round chambers and the safeties off and hope who ever your facing hasnt shot you and peed in the hole he made by that time. Thats why we flipped shit when I was overseas and the brass told us we should be condition 3 if not 4 unless we recieve fire. Condition 3 meaning mag in but not chambered and on safe, and 4 is no mag in at all!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Lucky it only ht the tire

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Yea.. theres literally no way the heat from the fire made the the primer or powder ignite in the casing like that. It would be possible if exposed to extreme heat for a long enough time but not like this.. not to mention it just "happened" to be the round in the chamber that went off. If you where to through a semi-auto into a fire and let it sit, one of the rounds in the clip would probably go first since the chambered round is shielded from the heat more, as for a revolver.. it could be any of them.

Im guessing it was a hammer-less semi auto. When those are chambered the firing pin stays back and the trigger only takes a bump to fire (I only carry guns with a hammer because of that). Either the gun was loose in the bag and something bumped the trigger or he accidentally fired it himself amongst all the jumbling around and panic.

Edit = you beat me so it was a semi auto.. it was a hammerless gun wasnt it?... probably another f-ing Glock.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know (or care) about how it happened really, but the tire was definitely shot by a bullet.

This guy was a fireman, not sure if he made the story up or not, but the damage on the bike does seem to line up with his story

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Im not arguing that he accidentally shot the tire, that part obviously happened. I just know enough about guns to know that it couldnt have happened the way he thought (or siad) it did is all.

Wich is why im curious what kind of gun it is and how it was sitting in the backpack.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts