Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got to work today, i work at a small photography studio. there are about 11 of us, all but 3 are between 23-24 and were all a pretty tight knit group in the way of work relationships. im up near the front counter and one of the girls i talk to often waves me over closer towards her direction. she made a rather serious comment of "byron please be very carefull on your bike..." so i figure someone she knew must have gotten injured or something. a little while after she says (again, with utter seriousness) "i had a dream about you last night...no...its was a nightmare. you had a wreck on your bike...and you didnt survive!" so im mildly concerned now and ask her to describe everything. she tells me she remembers it all in vivd detail, and it was all so clear it was like she was watching it for real. she even recalled the exact location that it happened in her dream. i was merging and a speeding car that i didnt see hit me. she said all she she remembered watching me fly through the air, the entire wreck in slow motion. then i hit the ground. she said the ambulances came but i was already gone. said she woke up bawling her eyes out and had to go to the bathroom cuz she felt sick

um, so yeah, i was a bit stirred, but i made the lil comment (and meant it too!) maybe id just better steer clear of that area (i dont use it often anyways).

freaky yet?? it gets freakier.

so im dwelling on that all day. on saturdays i dont go home for lunch so i just take the truck to pick up some fast food. work day is over, im driving home...still thinking about it. i walk into my house, go to the computer and turn it on. a MSN from my ex is on the screen, telling me to go check my email. i havent heard from her in 2-3 months and we had a very rough breakup.

email says the exact thing, minus all the details. motorcycle crash on the highway, hit by car, died. said (in the dream) she was freaking out and trying to get ahold of my parents but they had moved (my parents just moved recently) and she couldent get ahold of them. she too says she woke up crying very hard and thought she was gonna be sick

these girls dont know eachother, and neither would ever kid about such a thing.

thoughts? i really dont wanna park my bike for any ammount of time..but this is very odd

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i would quid riding for a couple of weeks if i were you. i have learned that there are no such things as a coincidence (spelling). im not a superstitious person, but i have found that when you run across things like that, you had better pay heed to them for a while. just like a gut feeling.

·
Registered
11,720 Posts
yea thats pretty freaky. i had my bike for almost a year and my girlfriend was with me for about six of those months and she didnt have dreams and stuff, but she would look at the clock and it would be 9:11 and she used to do it ALL the time, like 2 or 3 times a week for six months so thats pretty weird and sure enough i went down and was in the hospital and shit. Im not really superstitious either, but its still weird.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as i think about it....that is a possibility. i mean....everyone has to go...maybe thats my way. if you cheat death by avoiding something like that....what then?

im not in love with dying..far from it. but things happen the way their supposed to. i love to ride and id hate to go out in fear every time now. gawd i just hope if i do wreck as bad as they said the death is quick. i dont wanna die in a hospital in agony

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i've noticed that everyone who has a crush on me has a nightmare about me dying on my bike (seriously)

·
Registered
16 Posts
let me tell you, my good man, if you weren't to survive.....that may be your blessing....but think of it like this....have you ever been down hard? i mean so much pain you thought absolutley nothing? life may be so much more difficult if you come out of this alive paralized or limbless....im not paralized but i did skin surf at 95 mph and there is no way for me to describe it to you (broken peg bolt) what the pain was. it maybe worse, i dont know, but are you willin to risk it? i agree with the last post....live life. you will never get a second chance at it, but dont go overboard. why, you ask? i had several gut feelings, serious feelings not to enter the freeway, but i did. i chose not to heed the warnings and i paid with the most excrusiating pain. give it a few....you aint gunna die cause you miss ridin....think of the altenatives. i, at my age, think back on all the missed opportunities to listen to that voice (or others) and have had dire conquiences cause of it. take a few off....be cool and live to ride another day......listen to my post, man. it may be all for nothin, but remember the alternatives....
hit this post up in a few weeks after NOT ridin and let us know you are all right.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I dont believe in that bullshit.

Just do what you always do but be 1000% more alert.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
i was in that situation before. There was a time when my wife told me to ride safe and to be careful out there. She normally never tell me those things. I didnt think about it at the time. Well, sure enough I got railed by a car. that happened twice

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by two6ryder
i was in that situation before. There was a time when my wife told me to ride safe and to be careful out there. She normally never tell me those things. I didnt think about it at the time. Well, sure enough I got railed by a car. that happened twice
Had similar things happen but not on a motorcycle, fortunately.

I would definitely put some consideration into what these girls are telling you.. It's kind of creepy, as you said. I believe in intuition. It works in a weird way.. I've learned to listen to my instincts and if I have a bad feeling in my gut, I don't do whatever it is that I was going to do. I would have died in a car accident with two of my friends when I was 16 years old if I hadn't listened to my gut.. I walked home three miles at 2AM in the middle of nowhere, in the dead of winter! Snow on the ground, FREEZING my ass off with a t-shirt and jeans on.. Didn't want my buddy driving intoxicated, and I had to get home. He had no reason to go anywhere if he didn't have to give me a ride, so I walked. Got a phone call the next morning telling me he had rolled the car several times and two of my best friends were ejected from the car. I had a bad feeling about him driving, so I walked.. I'm confident in saying I saved my life with that decision.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with those above about listening to 'the voices". Whether they are your own or others. The first season I was riding it was November and I had intended on riding in but at the last minute I got a bad feeling, nothing specific just something that was not right. Well on the way to work, one of the last turns I make is a hard left on to a nice twisty road. Two hundred yards after the turn stood two deer one on each side of the road looking to run across. I laid on the horn and flashed the lights and they went back into the woods. If I had been on my bike the lights and horn would not have been enough to get both of them to move back and I would have smacked at least one of them at 50 mph.

Not to get "religious" on y'all but my sis-in-law told us a story about a guy living down in Louisiana before Katrina. He watched the weather channel and heard the warnings about the big one. He saw the warnings on TV before the hurricane hit. He got phone calls from his relatives telling him to get out! So, you guessed it he died in the hurricane. When he went to heaven he was complaining to St. Peter about losing his life too early and why didn't God warn him. St Peter said He did. He sent messages through the weather channel, the TV stations and his relatives.

Sometimes we have to give up the macho BS and listen to our feelings in order to keep enjoying the things we love.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
wow, freaky. If n e thing just be more aware when you are riding.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
My dad had a dream of me getting into a motorcycle accident AFTER I had already gotten into two of them.

Who the fuck knows...we all know it's dangerous. Just be safe and do what you enjoy. Crazy dreams and shit like that don't effect how dangerous our sport is.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
that's very weird... you better not die, or they'd say "i told ya so"

i'd say don't stop riding, just take it easy...but remember "What shall be, shall be"
kinda of like the final desination idea, in a WAAAAAY lower extent. If god wants you gone, it's gonna happen. Don't let that slow your life down. So just be easy...and stay alive. Good to know that someone loves you right?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, i went for a quick little ride today to clear my head of things. and while i was out i decided "hey, if its meant to be it will happen" and decided not to let this kill my love for riding. sure, i was quite a bit more vigilant, but comfortable. i wasnt freaking myself out over any of this to the point that it was becomming debilitating. sure, i guess if i die they can say "i told him so..." but oh well.

and thats not trying to say macho, thats saying ill continue to ride knowing what i know and just becomming more vigilant.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Dude that is wierd I would stay off the bike for a while. Better safe than attending your own autopsy I always say. :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tweakmon lmfao I dont believe in that bullshit, JUST BE 1000% MORE ALERT
I wouldnt take it as dont ride or ur going down. Maybe time to reevalutate your riding i know i needed to after i started gettin a little complacent about it. I thought i was a PRO until i missed a deer by inches at 100-105. now i live by the motto " Id rather take a second of my life, then my life in a second" and so far no close calls for over 6 months when before 1-2 a week. Ride safe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Now you just need someone to say they dreamt you were in a car wreck, bus crash, train smash, plane crash and a walking accident and you might as well stay at home. Unless someone else also has a dream you died in a domestic accident, then you're really screwed. :D

I've had loads of crazy sex dreams and I'm still waiting for two Asian girls in a beer bath, I wouldn't put too much faith in it if I was you. All I got was a sticky leg in the morning.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by tweakmon
I dont believe in that bullshit.

Just do what you always do but be 1000% more alert.
I do do believe in that bullshit, sometimes life throws out very clear warnings. Back in 1999 I was a full time roofer, was on the same 3 storey townhouse project for a year. 10/12 pitch, big site. I went off in the dead of winter, 30 breaks in my legs, broken shoulder wrist and nose, hole through my chin, very serious. Well 3 weeks before I dreamt the accident, same spot, like a movie, identical. The day of the accident as I was climbing the ladder and was thinking to myself, i wonder if this is the day? Did not feel right and told my crew that we are packing it in for the day. I was just putting in a couple step flashing to finish off when I slip, I grab my rope only to see it let loose and follow me off the roof JUST AS IN MY DREAM. Things worked out well for me in the long run, but I live with pain everyday and now i listen very closely to my inner voice.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.