Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on doing some stuff to my 2011 ninja 250r the red one. I am getting a sweat band today. Then i am going to power paint black the gas cap thing, also probably the chrome on the exhaust and the pegs for the back rider. Then i am going to do a fender remover. Then I'm going to put red street glow inside my bike so the cracks have some glow to them. Then i either going to get to blue lights for the front of my bike, or i was thinking leaving my main light regular then for my high beam light bulb make that the florescent pink? Also i might take of the ninja sticker i don't like where it is and how it looks. What do you guys think?

· Strat - the Asian edition
12,887 Posts
The sweat band is kind of useless imo. Merely a cosmetic thing unless you're racing and hard on the brakes all day long.
It's an old wive's tale that the sun will break down your brake fluid and render it useless.

btw just to keep the motorcycle jargon straight, it's call fender eliminator (not fender remover)

a whole lot of cosmetic mods, not to my taste but to each his own

That being said, if I remember correctly, you're a new rider.
I would hold off on any mods until you've gone through the riding season and got some real experience (riding some other person's bike a few times isn't real experience).

Save your money for the coming damage and having to replace the fairings, etc since you seem to be really into your bike looking good.
You're better off investing in frame sliders IMO though even those won't prevent 100% damage to your fairings.

· Registered
1,203 Posts
waste of time unless you plan on keepin that 2fidy forever

· Registered
930 Posts
You want a florescent pink highbeam? Is this supposed to be in the Women Rider's section?

If this is a real plan and not just a trollthread then this is my input:

I agree with bubbleboys, alot of cosmetic mods that are all pretty pointless and IMO hideous (you asked what we thought), aside from the fender eliminator. I think you should wait awhile before you start modding your first motorcycle. For all you know you may want a different bike next year.

· Registered
194 Posts
The sweat band is kind of useless imo. Merely a cosmetic thing unless you're racing and hard on the brakes all day long.
It's an old wive's tale that the sun will break down your brake fluid and render it useless.

btw just to keep the motorcycle jargon straight, it's call fender eliminator (not fender remover)

a whole lot of cosmetic mods, not to my taste but to each his own

That being said, if I remember correctly, you're a new rider.
I would hold off on any mods until you've gone through the riding season and got some real experience (riding some other person's bike a few times isn't real experience).

Save your money for the coming damage and having to replace the fairings, etc since you seem to be really into your bike looking good.
You're better off investing in frame sliders IMO though even those won't prevent 100% damage to your fairings.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this

· Registered
401 Posts
i hate to be an ass but seriously do people even search or they just troll up the section without even bothering?
oh wait, I just answered my own question

· Registered
9 Posts
sounds pretty gay to me. get the sliders and thats about all you need right now. and if you paint the exhaust its going to peel off and look like shit cause of the heat.
This was an extremely intelligent comment, wow...

Anyways, as a new rider, it does make sense to focus on gaining more experience with the bike before you start modifying it (especially if you decide that you want more HP, end up disliking motorcycling, etc.). It would be a shame to spend that money all to end up dumping the bike on the street one day :(

· Strat - the Asian edition
12,887 Posts
I don't post much on here, but I've been thinking the same thing. These "new" rider threads seem more like a trolling attempt than anything.
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

Trolling attempt? That makes me laugh

This is definitely not a trolling attempt and if it is, it is the ultimate failsauce.
A successful trolling attempt gets people all riled up and into a huge "fight" with the OP.

This is the closest thing I've seen to a real trolling attempt recently
http://www.kawiforums.com/zzr600-zx...s-arent-all-they-make-out-glorified-rant.html
But, I don't think it's a trolling attempt. I just think the OP of the above thread is probably missing a lot of brain cells.

As for all these newb threads asking pretty much the same thing, I chalk them up to
failing to use the search button,
the OP is looking for people to tell them what looks cool,
or they're just looking for positive reinforcement in the form of "oh my God dude, that is totally rad, etc".

All of us have been there at some point in our lives.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.