Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
>>Not my usual behavior to race but this guy was asking for it.>.

Well, you're family will understand that when they are burying you.

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
501 Posts
Let's not start anything... everyone speeds past the speed limit. And those who do not... are lying!

Hey Quick, just be safe and on the lookout. I know I can't throw any stones cause my roof is made of glass!

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>>Let's not start anything... everyone speeds past the speed limit. And those who do not... are lying!>>

By definition, the term "everyone" can't be accurate. Moreover, it is total cop out. 120MPH is just a bit past "speeding" don't you think?

"Organ donors are generous souls"

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

·
Registered
314 Posts
Freeway riding to work when a Yamaha R6 pulls on the side of me. I give a friendly wave but dont get one in return. Instead he revs his engine, starts to pull away and cuts in front of me (snugly would be an understatement). We are on a decent incline and he has about a five bike length lead when I decided that I had to represent. I shift from 4th to 5th to 6th at around 10-12k RPM for each and needless to say, the R6 was history. He's in a deep tuck while I passed him and I was pretty much sitting upright while going about 120 mph. The torque of this bike is awesome! Not my usual behavior to race but this guy was asking for it.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Brucelee...... Maybe you should think of trading your SPORT bike in for a hog. They might be just your speed. Maybe you could get one with some speakers and a backrest.
Just stop while your behind.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, by definition, speeding is traveling above the posted speed limit regardless of by how much. To me excessive speeding is determined by the environment(not a soul on the road and you want to travel at 150mph, knock yourself out). I might be somewhat slow and some times just down right stupid. But one thing I have learned thru dealings with other people is that when someone wants to preach cause they feel they are above someone else you just have to let them. To who it may concern: Do go on and preach about how much better your judgement is. If you have not taken your bike to, at least, 120mph is bcause either; a)you ride a moped or b)you just started riding. Of course, just my simple uneducated opinion. Do i hear someone asking for a poll??

"I love your butt, cause it is just the right size to loose my boot all up in it"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Maybe what Brucelee was trying to say is that I shouldnt have raced the guy, but instead follow him until he parked and then kicked his ass using kung fu.;)

The real Bruce Lee was an advocate of speed, wasnt he?

On a serious note, I was just trying to share a moment which I felt was in the spirit of this forum which is apply named "ZX6R Talk".

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
>>On a serious note, I was just trying to share a moment which I felt was in the spirit of this forum which is apply named "ZX6R Talk".>>

Not trying to steal your thunder or preach but maybe make you think a bit. In all seriousness, one can enjoy the greatness of a 6R without enhancing the risk that they will be in a semi vegetative state for the rest of their sorry ass lives.

If you think this is not a distinct possibility, we can all go down to the long term rehab unit and check out the guys who had egos much like what we have seen in this thread.

No, I dont drive a hog and dont want to. I also dont drive 125 and am secure enough about myself to say so.

Hey, half the fun is in the twisties and you aint doing 125 there!

Good luck and stay alive!

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
You're probobly more likely to crash going the speed limit in some twisties then speeding on a long, straight road.

I love to get my 6R up to high speeds, but I do it where
a)I wont hurt anyone else
b)I can see for miles and there is no risk of someone pulling out in front of me.

I hate seeing people flying around residential areas, thats just dumb and ignorant... But on a highway its different, go have some fun :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just figured I would chime in with my opinion here. I hope nobody minds. As for speeding, yeah, most everyone who owns a sportbike speeds. And, most generally most cops won't mess with you when you go a few miles over the limit, cars are different. As for twisties, I still go fast in the turns as well, that is half the fun. Yeah, of course riding a sportbike is dangerous, not because of speeding, as much as the dumbass in the cage that isn't looking out for you. There have been plenty of accidents, and they have been of various causes, but what it boils down to is, if you want to ride hard, and you aren't endangering someone else, have fun. It all comes down to knowing your limits, knowing your bike, and respecting both things. When you have both of those in the equation, you can ride with a greater amount of confidence. Hell, you can't complete a quarter mile drag race on a 6R without hitting almost 130 or better, so what is the difference of that, and the open road with a clear view?

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Shut up and do a track day.

Here are some options:

www.sportbiketracktime.com

www.trackoholics.com

Did I mention that there was an 03' R-6 down at Little Tallegage ridden by a rather competent man and he had nothing on me coming out of the corners [8D] let alone the straights. Bike arrived fresh out of the crate with Zero miles and left with 230 the weekend of 12 April. 166 laps, two sets of shagged tires, and a proper motor break in to boot (contrary to what you think you may know about break-in procedures). ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZX-636 B1!

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Sorry to get personal here but Brucelee was was talking the same yap to me on another forum about the exccess of mph's. Out of all the accidents I have heard i've never heard of someone crashing for speeding on the highway wiht no one around. It's usually for weaving in and out of traffic or like CdnNinja said "dumbasses speeding in residential areas". I thought sportbikes were designed to do these speeds with relative ease and safety unless you are one of these abovementioned idiots that do it when there is danger lurking.
but anyway enough of that.
I beleive you should've slowed down, followed him home and kicked his ass also...hehehe..jk

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Brucelee, you're on the wrong forum to bring that hippie crap around...we're all well aware of the dangers of speeding and crashing...Im sure we all know someone or know a friend of someone who has taken a pretty nasty spill...

Lets just concentrate on the point here, that a 636 whooped up on an arrogant r6...woohoo!

-Tazz[}:)]

·
Registered
720 Posts
To each his own. My dad is buying a zx12r. He rode my 6r and said it has some power. I kept on saying you never red lined it in any gear. He even admitted to it! So buying the 12r is way out of his league. All I know is that i'm gonna tear it up.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
In Bruce Lees defense........HE'S OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is past the age of 120 mph. In my opinion if you got the chance to tear up anybody on any thing other than a kawi DO IT. Show them what the green gremlin is about.:D

The Dman

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
we all get bit by the squid bug from time to time...

let just hope our time is not up when it happens.

have fun and ride safe!!!

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
47 Posts
speeding is ok...we all do it...

but the rider has to be responsible and know when it is safe and when it is not safe....taking into account all the various variables...time of day...traffic...weather condition...condition of your bike...the list can go on for ever

with experience you gain a sixth sense of the bloke in the volvo about to pull out...(where the speed cameras are..etc)

its a great feeling riding along at speed against another unknown rider.....especially when your kicking his arse...

as quiksilver636 say the R6 rider had it coming...a friendly wave would have been nice...i hope you waved at him as you passed him :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
to put my $.02 in, you get a sportbike to go fast, period.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.