Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Just wanted to share with you, that im gonna pick up a ZX-636R 2005 from Germany this weekend, i seriously cannot wait.

it just rolled over 10.000km (6250miles).

The really fucked up thing about Denmark is that to get the plate it cost 180% of the price. This means in my case i'll pay the german dude 6000 EUR thats 45.000dkk(9.000USD) and 180% of that is 81.000ddK tho its not new, so i can see on the States homepage im bleeding about 65.000dkk.

So i'll wait to get the plate till i sell my old zx-6r '98.

How much is the "regitration fee" - or what ever you like to call it - in the US?

And tell me what you think of the bike :)

Stew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
She is a beauty Congrats, and for registration fees it varies state to state..typically on your purchase..say this bike costing $6000 US
STATE TAX: $450

BUt if you ever need some parts i would be more than happy to help you once i get situated in germany, as i know you guys get extra nuked as well with importing things into the country.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is a beauty Congrats, and for registration fees it varies state to state..typically on your purchase..say this bike costing $6000 US
STATE TAX: $450

BUt if you ever need some parts i would be more than happy to help you once i get situated in germany, as i know you guys get extra nuked as well with importing things into the country.
Very nice, when are you going to germany? I would be happy if you could suply me spare parts. Cause it is very expensive to own a bike in Denmark.

your state taxs are laughable :) meant in a good way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
that registration is killer, i think it cost me about 250 to get a plate and get my bike on the road. maybe your registration is so high because of the huge license plates you guys have over there.

·
Registered
335 Posts
$$$$$

Dam you guys pay out the ASS out there in Euro land. We pay alot here in california but dam, nothing compared to you. Good luck and ride HARD.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that registration is killer, i think it cost me about 250 to get a plate and get my bike on the road. maybe your registration is so high because of the huge license plates you guys have over there.
ROFL !!! :Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's a good looking bike. I like that green more than the traditional lighter lime green. Unless it's just the pictures. But maybe get a fender eliminator kit and it'll be pretty sweet looking.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
cool info, i did not know that either! Thanks man.:clap:
Excellent buy.

P.S. - If you ever have issues with your immobilser, I will trade you an ECU and all the keys, ignition and locks, plus a spare wiring harness, for your immobliser setup(ignition, antenna, and underseat immobilser unit)............wishful thinking.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i think i payed $275 to get my bike on the road, price of tag included. those registration fees are insane. i did want to move to europe but not now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Excellent buy.

P.S. - If you ever have issues with your immobilser, I will trade you an ECU and all the keys, ignition and locks, plus a spare wiring harness, for your immobliser setup(ignition, antenna, and underseat immobilser unit)............wishful thinking.
hehe that is wishful thinking... unless you have a tricked out tuned up ECU with power commando and such ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i payed $275 to get my bike on the road, price of tag included. those registration fees are insane. i did want to move to europe but not now.
Dont worry this is only Denmark, not europe, Germans get of EASY compared to us. i think their taxes is almost as cheap as yours.

It's the Nordic countries that are fucked with taxes. This is no joke either, in denmark we pay around 50% of your monthly salory in taxes (I pay 51%). the more we make the more the State wants, greedy bastards...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a good looking bike. I like that green more than the traditional lighter lime green. Unless it's just the pictures. But maybe get a fender eliminator kit and it'll be pretty sweet looking.
I seriously want a fender eliminator kit! and im thinking of putting the D&D exhuast twin pipes on there too! sounds good?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Excellent buy.

well mine is a track bike so i dont need the imoblizer and things, just more to go wrong, i might get rid :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
i generally hate the sound of D&D exhaust. they are way too loud and raspy. saying that, i've never heard one on a 636,

1 - 20 of 41 Posts