Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow...he's lucky he is alive....

sounds like he just wasn't paying attnetion or that he thought he could make it out in time but couldn't operate the bike fast enough....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Perhaps I'm being a little too detailed here, but the phyisics of that crash doesn't make any sense. How could the rider be found in the bed of the pick-up it ran in to...but went through the windshield and over the roof of the truck? For that to happen, wouldn't the rider have to have been hit from behind? How could the rider hit the truck from behind and go through the windshield and over the roof and land back in the bed?!?!?!

but it still a sad story, its just little details like that bug me. Maybe I'm just stupid.

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
93 Posts
To tell you the truth it didn't really make all that much sense to me also. The way I figure it the rider must have pulled out thinking he could make it but really couldn't. That would result in maybe hitting the truck in the front fender section (maybe as far forward as the bumper) and thus causing what happened. But I really don't know.

If it ain't broke don't touch it.......yeah right!!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Makes sense to me, he pulled out in front of the truck, got hit, went into the windshield, up over the roof and into the bed.

I believe someone near here did something equally dumb.. he bought a new Ninja, got about 1 block, and gave it way to much gas pulling onto the main street, and ended up over the curb in some bushes, hehe.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
funny how at the start of each new season you hear about these type of mistakes....

i guess it separates the boys(squid) from the men(the rest of us who are serious about the sport) so too speak....

·
Registered
298 Posts
What I don't understand is, The article says he collided with a truck going the same direction as him. How the hell does he hit the windshield???? I could see it if he hit it head on, but the article makes it sound like he rear ended the truck.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Whats up guys. I know the kid that it happened to. First of all a tractor trailer truck was coming in the lane closest to him. So when that truck went by him and he looked right he didn't see the truck in the far lane coming. Since it was the first time pulling onto the main road (he practiced in the parking lot) he started way back from the road so he couldn't see the truck coming at all cuz the trailer on the 18 wheeler was blocking it. He then pulled out kinda fast and tried to turn left but before he could turn left the hidden truck in the far lane hit him on the front right and up he went into the windshield, spinning in the air loosing both his helmet and his shoes and landing in the pickup bed. I feel wicked bad cuz he was so excited and he only had it for one minute.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i figured something liek that happened...

tell me how in the hell does a helmet fly off your head? I have heard of a few different accidents where the people say they helmets came off thier head..

WTF good is a helmet if it flies off your head?

perhaps people aren't strapping the helment on tight enough or they are getting helmets way too big for their head? Any ideas?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Damn that totally sucks!!! From TheMan's description, it sounds like this was his first bike?

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
303 Posts
As for the helmet, my guess is that it wasn't fastened or it wasn't fastened properly. Even if it was a little oversized, I imagine the strap would rip your head off before breaking.

-2000 ZX-6R.....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey guys, I opened up my local newspaper this morning and saw this rather amazing article-----> http://www.markuszx6r.com/news It is amazing to me for a number of reasons. One: The guy is alive....that's always a plus in any accident. Two: They found him in the truck bed!! Three: He only owned the bike for like a minute. and finally, Four: That this is the dealership where I bought my first bike, a 2002 ZX6R -- I was actually their first motorcycle sale ever.
A note to anyone who is just starting to get into bikes or thinking about it...Take the MSF Safety Course!!!!

Just thought I would share this with u guys....ride safe

If it ain't broke don't touch it.......yeah right!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
it was his first bike. He had it for a whole minute. His helmet was on tight and so weren't his shoes. The people that saw it thought he fucking vanished in thin air b/c they didn't know he was in the bed of the pickup, thats how fucking hard he got hit. The people that saw it said after he hit the windshield he spun twice so fast in the air that his helmet and shoes went on opposite sides of the road. It must have been fucking insane.

·
Registered
22 Posts
No offense to anyone, but this has all the makings of
"Someone who should have never bought a bike".
Pulling out into traffic blindly!
D...U....M!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Rule one when your a new rider, if your not sure, don't do it. Just like the more experinace riders on the board usually hit the same roads generally everyday, why do we go through the first time without any heat, because we never assume the road is clear of debrie, pot holes... I am never sure of any raod until number one I been on it many times and number two when I revist I do a fly by or just take it at a brisk pace, not balls to the wall.

I just glad he's alive!

PGH, PA

·
Registered
143 Posts
I totally agree with you guys. I think that he just wasn't thinking straight cause he was too excited and nervous, hard to blame him.

·
Registered
137 Posts
um I'm kinda wondering, how is he doing? how bad are his injuries? You knever want to think about all the bad stuff that can happen out there. Wish him well for us.

I thought I made a mistake once but, I was wrong.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.