Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local kawi dealer today and there it was. A beautiful '04 silver 636 just waiting to bought and ridden. I have told myself time and time again that I am going to wait till spring to pick one up but its so hard seeing that bike and not thinking "I wonder what they would offer for the 250". I hate the thought of trading in anything to a dealer because I know they wouldn't offer me what the bike is worth.

Arg, I just hope I have enough self control to wait. I want that 636 so badly, but i am holding off for a potential buyer for the 250 next spring. That and the way my insurance classifies me I will get a nice drop in rates when i turn 22 next April. Not sure if i would want to know how much I would pay to insure a 636 since i am already paying $711/yr. for full coverage on the 250([:M121]).

Anyway, just had to vent. :D

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Sounds like you'll be saving a nice chunk of change if you hold off. I can't imagine the winter riding weather is anything great, so I doubt you're missing much. Don't try to count the days either, from past experience that makes time go just that much slower.;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know that feeling all too well. You could always go in there and put the new 636 on a kawasaki card and have no interest or payments for 6 months. That means you could have the kawi for free untill may or june. That should give you plenty of time to sell the 250, and by then your insurance rates will go down. I did a similar thing when I bought my 02 R6, and kept it in my master bedroom all winter while doing mods on it. Then by summer my bike looked bad ass and was still brand new with only 3 miles on the odo. And besides that it's a beautiful thing waking up to a new bike all winter. :D

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The dealer will probably only give you $1700-$1800 for your trade in. You ought to look on cycletrader.com for a dealer who is advertising left over '03s.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Originally posted by Rane636
I know that feeling all too well. You could always go in there and put the new 636 on a kawasaki card and have no interest or payments for 6 months. That means you could have the kawi for free untill may or june. That should give you plenty of time to sell the 250, and by then your insurance rates will go down. I did a similar thing when I bought my 02 R6, and kept it in my master bedroom all winter while doing mods on it. Then by summer my bike looked bad ass and was still brand new with only 3 miles on the odo. And besides that it's a beautiful thing waking up to a new bike all winter. :D
Man I would never be able to stand that. I'd be sitting on it and sleeping on it all the time

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ooooh believe me NinjaRider it was very hard not to take it out and ride it. My wife actually got pissed off at me, cause I spent most of my time all winter in the room rubbing it down( It has 8 wax jobs on it) or just starring at it, but I retained myself by just knowing that I have a bike. [8D]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Rane636
Thats a pretty good idea. Its too bad I already have the 250 on the kawasaki card, and I couldn't have a 636 added to it until I have the 250 paid off. I will end up waiting out this winter before i get the 636. Its just going to be a long winter. :(

Anyone want to loan me their bike for a week? :D[:eek:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.