Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope, anyway. I'm heading over to Knoxville Friday afternoon for a weekend of twisty roads and football. I don't think it gets much better than that.

Saturday I want to go ride the "Devil's Triangle." It's suppose to be a nice area a little NW of Knoxville that I hear has some great roads. If anyone has been on it, or knows of any other good roads around Knoxville, let me know. I want to do some exploring.

Saturday night I'm going to the Florida vs Tennessee football game, GO GATORS!!! I'm a minority up here rooting for Florida, but I have to pull for my alma mater. We better win, I've been talking a lot of smack to my coworkers.

Then Sunday I'm going to Deals Gap to ride all day. Woohoo! It will be my fourth time this year, I think I'm in love with that place. I always have a great time, and I feel like I become a better rider everytime I go. Besides the track, there aren't many other places where you can push the limits of your bike like at the Dragon and it's surrounding roads. It's just amazing.

So if anyone else is going to be in that area this weekend, maybe we can meet up and take a ride together. I am starting to get to know the Gap pretty well so I would be happy to take some dragon newbies on a tour. Or if anyone is around Knoxville on Saturday, maybe you can give me a tour.

BTW, here are some pics of my last trip. I haven't had a chance to post them up yet. Looks like fun doesn't it. Sometimes I think they went out of their way to make that road as twisty as possible. :D

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
You have knee pucks under those pants? I can't really tell from the pics.

Sounds like it'll be a kick ass weekend. Enjoy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am excited about my weekend too. Two days at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on my bike, woohoo!

It is almost like a private party since the bike guys pretty much all know each other. The weather looks perfect so far, so yippee for me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Congrats to your kick ass weekend, I am definitely jealous. I was there once in June and I'm in love with the place for sure, but I'm almost 900 miles away, and thats taking all the boring interestates. I will definitely make it back next year, probably around May or June before it is uber hot out. Be careful.

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
You have knee pucks under those pants? I can't really tell from the pics.

Sounds like it'll be a kick ass weekend. Enjoy.
Not exactly knee pucks, but there are hard pads built into the pants. I'm still saving up for a one piece suit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
230 Posts
GREAT pics :D
about the one piece, just fit some different brands and see what works best for you. Most of the big brands offer the same amount of protection I think, but one may fit alot better than the next :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sucks...I'll be in Knoxville next weekend for the Homecoming..I'm a UT Alum...If my girl doesn't go I was going to take my bike up there..but I think she is going with me.:(

Have fun and be careful...traffic is a bitch in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for a football game and if UF wins...you better head back to NASHVILLE!!!

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Not gonna be there this week... but I'll be up there Oct 2-6th giving it a try. Counting the days now... We'll be staying in Murphy, just south of the gap...just look for the "green power ranger..." & say "hi"...lol

·
Registered
562 Posts
I love roads that look like that. I used to live in Georgia, Try Stone Mountain, great
roads down there.

--Anthony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.