Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Ummm, are you suggesting that you're only worried about getting water flung on your BACK when it's RAINING...? I mean, I know these toys are fast but are you honestly going to stay dry in the rain ... with or without the mudguard? [:p]
(If it's not raining but the road is wet you may get a little flung on your back from my experience... So yes, bring the girl along.) [8D]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some of you guys are real sharp! thanks for keepin on your toes! what was i thinking with my concern of my nice leathers gettin tar and mud all over back...i've looked under that flap and have even seen chain greese! lighten up![B)]

·
Registered
209 Posts
Removed mine and have ridden hard in the rain - the backs of my leathers were filthy! My legs were really bad too. The mud-guard probably would have helped a bit, but you'd still get quite dirty.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've cut mine down to about half and have no problems, that's on an 01. Al ittle water and road grime gets on the rear fairing above the tailight but never makes it to the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Take the mudgaurd off. Looks a lot better. Don't complain, spray them down with some protector (that'll help, yeah right) and wipe'em off as soon as you get home ;) But yeah you will get slightly dirty when you go over light amounts of water. But it's very minimal.

Incase of rain, as someone else suggested try to outrun it. Look up at the clouds and beat them to it :D
Also, the part that gets extremely wet is either my crotch or my arse when it rains. God I'd give anything for a warm wet day right now. I'm stuck with freezing -1c weather :(

Still might go out though ;)

·
Registered
934 Posts
ZXSixRR, lighten up??
If you were truely concerned about your "nice leathers" getting tar and MUD on them... try avoiding said MUD. :D Or get some rain gear...

Sorry, I just thought it was rather humourous that you were worried about getting WATER flung up your back while riding in the RAIN... Nothing personal. [8D]

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Originally posted by BSHAP

Sorry, I just thought it was rather humourous that you were worried about getting WATER flung up your back while riding in the RAIN...
I do understand where he is coming from though. The road water might be muddy, so there would be a difference between the water coming off the road and the water falling from the sky. There are some things that I don't mind getting wet, but fewer things that I don't mind getting muddy.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by speedvlaze
Originally posted by BSHAP

Sorry, I just thought it was rather humourous that you were worried about getting WATER flung up your back while riding in the RAIN...
I do understand where he is coming from though. The road water might be muddy, so there would be a difference between the water coming off the road and the water falling from the sky. There are some things that I don't mind getting wet, but fewer things that I don't mind getting muddy.
[:M74]what he said

·
Registered
934 Posts
I know I know...
I understand what you boys are saying, and I'm sorry if I sounded like an ass... But if you don't want to get all wet and dirty, then stay out of the rain and off the wet roads. No?...[:M74]

·
Registered
934 Posts
Before anyone jumps all over me, I'd like to add that I realize that from time to time you may get caught out in the rain... But I certainly wouldn't let that very rare occasion stop me from removing that mud-guard! Especially when the '03s and '04s look so sexy without it. ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
just my .02
the lines on the 03's and 04's look much much nicer without the mud guard, use rain gear, and if you get caught in the rain the do you're best to get home / work and clean your gear there, i try to not ride in the rain cause i used to but almost got hit one too many times by cagers, in rain they just don't see you...

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have a Targa eliminator on a '03 and my numberplate gets filthy and catches most od it, a few spots on thr rear cowl but never on my back??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.