Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i'm hid noob just wondering does your HID have rainbow color at different angles when installed into the factory projector?
i bought 8000k from f-sane looks great but still got no rainbowly stuff like my dad's Bmer..... =(

·
Registered
186 Posts
The HID's on my TL don't have any "rainbowly" stuff;). Maybe it's only certain temperatures or light housings that cause that. Cause most of the cars i see on the road don't have any rainbow effect for the most part. Just my .02...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lol nope no rainbows here. You might be riding the wrong thing if you like rainbows:D

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts
well how come bmers have a "flashing" light that appears to be different color at different angles?
The reason you see this is due to the shape of the projector lens on the BMW cars. Aditionally, they use different temperature bulbs. Most of these cars use somewhere around 4300k-5000k and with the help of the lens, you get that particular result.

You would not be able to see this effect on the bikes nor most cars, its really part of a BMW signature. I understand exactly what you're talking about though.

ILYA
FSANE PERFORMANCE

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
You WANT your HID's to do the rainbow'y thing? Whenever I have a god damned Beemer behind me and everytime they go over the slightest bump I think I'm getting pulled over. Either that or abducted by aliens with all the damned color changes.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
not only do bimmers do that...TLs and Maximas do that as well. but i thought all projectors get dim and then bright at different angles or going over bumps? i'm always observing at cars with projectors and they seem to do the same. R1s and R6s do that as well...i also stare at my own reflection at the back of cars and mine seems to do that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.