Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your thoughts?

I'm not racing but hope to get in a couple trackdays in this year. How have you guys liked this upgrade?

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ORLY? May have to save up some coin for now then and get proper components till next year. Just wondering if this would be a noticable improvement from stock

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have the ohlins 20mm kit and resprung for me weights. I saw a big difference on the track. The 20mm kit runs around $400. I dont know how much the racetech kit is.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
"a lil more coin"... how can you compare a $320 of race tech parts to a $1200 cartridge kit...?

I've had three zx6r's in the 98-02 range. I tracked them all. the 98 was stock, my 01 had the standard gold valve compression kit, and the 02 I have now has a gr2 compression valve kit. The GR2 kit had better low speed control (not so much movement on the brakes or when moving around on the bike), but great compliancy on the sharper bumps....worth the $10 over the standard kit.

The GR2 kit is basically the same digressive design as Ohlins/Penske pistons...

I rode a buddies r1 with full penske treatment...and its not that, but they do work for a guy on a budget.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode a buddies r1 with full penske treatment...and its not that, but they do work for a guy on a budget.
You're saying the Gold Valve works well? (just clarifying) I'm thinking that for now and save up for the real deal next spring. I don't think I'm fast enough to benefit from the full rework just yet

·
28,939 Posts
"a lil more coin"... how can you compare a $320 of race tech parts to a $1200 cartridge kit...?

I've had three zx6r's in the 98-02 range. I tracked them all. the 98 was stock, my 01 had the standard gold valve compression kit, and the 02 I have now has a gr2 compression valve kit. The GR2 kit had better low speed control (not so much movement on the brakes or when moving around on the bike), but great compliancy on the sharper bumps....worth the $10 over the standard kit.

The GR2 kit is basically the same digressive design as Ohlins/Penske pistons...

I think you skipped some stuff..LOL

Ohlins 20mm kit and traxxion 20mm kit r both under $1200..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts