Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some input before i go to the dealer.

I recently changed the gasket for my valve cover. I followed the Haynes service manual and did it myself. Removed everything carefully and marked everything to keep it organized. After assembling everything back together, I turned the key and the servo motor for the throttle body didn't do its normal noises. It was longer and sounds like it was stuck. Took it apart again to watch the flaps open and close. They open all the way, close all the way, then tries closing them for another 2 seconds (My assumption of the longer duration of the noise). After analyzing it for a while i noticed that it was going alot slower doing the whole process.

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue before and could help me pin point the problem. Thanks in advanced.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
Think maybe it was your fuel pump filling the system back up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i was thinking but after pinpointing the noise it wasn't that. It still continues to do it even after putting 50 miles on it. Still makes the same long noise. The bike runs fin accelerates the same. It just worries me.

· Registered
2,378 Posts
Your going to have to post a video or something.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.