Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a typical rate (USA) to have the throttle bodies sync'd up? I'm going to give the shop a call later, but was curious what people are paying...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Garry i wouldnt bother unless you have over 10000 miles or have problems with idle or pick up from low revs. It it aint broke and all that.
Someone was sorting out a "how to" for the injection maybe worth a search and if you have the confidence buy the tools and check the sync, got to be cheaper than the shop!

·
Registered
634 Posts
They do it with your 14000 mile service don't they.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike has 9K miles on it. Idles a bit rougher than new when warming up. Had a couple issues in the last month with it not starting. The Kawi service chart says that they should be sync'd at 7.5K miles and plugs replaced. I didn't realize the 7.5K service was more than an oil change, so I just changed the oil (for like the 5th time) and was figuring I'd fight with the tank and airbox to put in new plugs. But then with the starting and idle issues, I thought it might not be bad to have the throttle body balance checked. Shop says it will take 2-2.5 hours. That's about $150. Not sure it's worth it since I'll probably have the 15K mile check done either late fall or early spring. I think I'm just going to swap the plugs myself and see if that cures anything. Bike is running fine when warm, just a bit rough when cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.