Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my bike is having some kind of fuel problem. my FI light wil come on sometimes but most the time it is off.. bottom line is it just feels like its not getting enough gas. feels like 15hp less through out the rpm range. i sea foamed it a few weeks ago and it ran awesome for about a tank of gas. then it came back.. im going to the track on monday so would like to get it running in top shape.. anybody have any ideas ?... besides injectors.. maybe fuel filter is clogged ?
bike is bone stock with 8k miles

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
so my bike is having some kind of fuel problem. my FI light wil come on sometimes but most the time it is off.. bottom line is it just feels like its not getting enough gas. feels like 15hp less through out the rpm range. i sea foamed it a few weeks ago and it ran awesome for about a tank of gas. then it came back.. im going to the track on monday so would like to get it running in top shape.. anybody have any ideas ?... besides injectors.. maybe fuel filter is clogged ?
bike is bone stock with 8k miles
I would start by checking FI Codes.

· Registered
57 Posts
I just had a similar prod with mine, ended up being the secondaries servo motor going out. my FI light was off and on for a few rides, then stayed on... almost felt like really fouled plugs with extreme power loss. the bike would idle perfect but just was'nt as loud exhaust wise as usual.. hope this helps!

· Registered
57 Posts
secondaries servo motor ?
it's the little motor on the rt side of the throttle body. take the air box off, easily push them open with your finger, unplug it from the wire harness, put everything back on and start it up. it'll probibly rev to 3k rpm and sit there, but you'll be able to hit the throttle and listen to see if it sounds like it should....do this in reverse to put it back together...
*this is how i checked mine*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.