Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Muzzy full Titanium system put on with a Dynojet Pro jet kit and a K&N filter. Now, the throttle seems to be sticking. When I first start the bike up it revs really high, like I have the throttle really open, but I am only turning it a little bit. And when the bike is running and I twist the throttle some, it revs out really high. Is this because of the rejet? It seems weird b/c the throttle was not sticking before the mods were done by the dealer. What is happening here?? Thanks for replies in advance.

02 zx6r
94 z28

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Could be a carburator sync problem. The throttle cannot really stick. There is a cable to open the throttle and a cable to close the throttle. Try closing the throttle and see it that does anything.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Doesn't sound like this is your problem at all, but did you also install new grips by any chance? That's all I can offer, you've exceeded my technical know-how...wasn't hard was it?:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I adjusted the throttle cable and that seemed to cure the problem. The trottle grip is a litte loose to the touch. I have to play with it a little more to find the prefect adjustment position. Thanks guys.

02 zx6r
94 z28

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.