Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle sticking

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  kilaman 
#1 ·
I just installed some Harris grips and now my throttle sticks...when i put the bar ends back on it barely moves....I tried pulling the grip away from the center of the bike and it helps for a few times then sticks again [V]...any ideas?

Thanks

#4 ·
Make sure it doesn't rub on the barend or the throttle cable housing. If it does, cut some off the outside end and try to move it down. Also make sure the barend is not binding the phonelic tube as it may not even be the grip.

#6 ·
The same thing happened to me the first time I installed new grips too. Like already mentioend, the grip is just not quite pisitioned properly...or it could be too long depending on the brand/type. Adjust the position, or if you can't get it to fit, put it under the knife. For the record, I've never had to cut the Progrips I've installed (2 sets).

#7 ·
I didnt use any adhesives...i just slid the grips on when i took the stock ones off...It snaps ok with the bar end off...but when i go to put he bar end on it really won't let the throttle move. They are the Harris ZX grips.

Do u think i loosened the throttle cable by installing the grip?
I think i'm going to have to cut it though because i definately don't want that cruise control feature...

Thanks for all your inputs

Keep them coming if you have any other ideas

#12 ·
Don't cut the grip move the lever over a hair towards the left. there's your space!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.