Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an interview.......

How long should it take for someone to call you back after an interview?

Should you send a follow up email?

Signs after the interview that you didn't get the job?

:rantt:

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
Usually in my expirience if they are really interested they ask you questions like:"how much time do you need to let your current employer know you are resigning" "do you have all your documents ready should we decide to hire you" "do you have issues working x days" "when can you start"

signs that the interview did not go well:"we will give you a call" "the position is still taken but we are exploring choices, we will call you if the position opens up" "we have a lot of applicants so it may be tough but keep your phone handy"

1 follow up email if you thought you chances where good after 2 weeks.

they usually call you back in 1 week tops if they want you since they don't want you to get a job elsewhere/

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
arrrgh I was holding out hope thanks,.........

I had applied to an analyst position at my job had an interview on the 5th of Sept and i still haven't heard anything back yet. I really would like this job lol for obvious reasons >_<

·
Pursebully
37,554 Posts
arrrgh I was holding out hope thanks,.........

I had applied to an analyst position at my job had an interview on the 5th of Sept and i still haven't heard anything back yet. I really would like this job lol for obvious reasons >_<
:rofl: He said anal.

Seriously though, best of luck with this job. I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It really depends, I have had more successful interviews than not so I can't really say what are common signs of not getting a job.

follow-up emails or calls are very important if you hear nothing in a week or two. Shows them you are interested as well, even if they might not give you the job. They may consider you for the next round or for another similar position.

And as always, remain professional at all times, and doing interviews from time to time is great for experience and brushing up on skills.

·
Powerhungry
37,707 Posts
I've gotten the "we will call you" and then had a call back a month and a half later.
this.

typically, most larger places will start the interview process LONG before they are ready to hire. months sometimes.
be patient.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Seeing as I work for Boeing, I don't recall there ever being an opening for that job lol. but then again what do I know, I'm just a mechanic on the floor. Office jobs aren't for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
ouff the success of the new bombardier c-series flight musta been hard on the guys up there in management :p my friend works for Bombardier, he was on the runway watching for the first flight ;P

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
The bigger the company, the slower they move...really, its only been two weeks. Certainly not to late to drop a note to them. Be interested, but not needy.

good luck...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Don't wait a week or two to send a follow up email. Send a thank-you for the interview email the same or next day.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
it depends on a the company.

i got hired 2 years after i went through the hiring process.

you are normally suppose to send an email back the same day of the interview; never heard of a follow up email weeks/months later.

if they said they will give you a call, they should call you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts